Social Media Marketing InternshipBookmark This
833 W Chicago Ave
DescriptionWe are seeking six (6) individuals to comprise our new Outreach Media Team. Team members will work directly under the Business Director and will experience the creative process by which brands are conceived, established and maintained. Additionally, team members will learn how to effectively use online media platforms as a means of brand marketing. This is NOT an internship in which you are given a social media account and post updates without guidance. We’ve designed an educational internship through which interns learn the capabilities of social media as a form of brand marketing, develop their skills in efficient communication and explore the importance of creativity in brand management.
This is an unpaid internship and therefore focuses on the professional development of your skills and knowledge in outreach media management and marketing. At the conclusion of the three-month internship, interns may choose to apply for a paid position at SRG Management Firm as determined by the availability of employment opportunities.
Please include the following in your email:
• Attach a PDF copy of your résumé.
• Attach one writing sample (1000 words or less) that you feel best demonstrates your communication abilities.
• Attach a cover letter that performs all of the following in 500 words or less: states the three social media platforms in which you are most proficient, describes your understanding of the term “outreach media”, and explains how you wish to use this particular internship for your career advancement.
• Title the subject of your email, “Application: Outreach Media Internship”.
ResponsibilitiesThe Outreach Media Team will co-manage with the Business Director the online brand identities of our clients, focusing on social media profiles. Each intern will coordinate the social media presence of one (1) client under the direction of the Business Director. One client may be represented by multiple team members. The intern will work meticulously with the Business Director in order to maintain a comprehensive understanding of the client’s brand and of the company’s brand management strategy for that client. Additionally, the intern will communicate directly with the client to ensure an accurate representation of the client’s brand, intentions and actions.
RequirementsThe ideal candidate for this internship will demonstrate all of the following traits:
• Resident of Chicago
• Extensive knowledge of/ experience in at least three (3) forms of social media
• Ability to communicate information effectively, creatively and concisely in written and verbal form
• Genuine interest in emerging topics of Chicago culture, such as music, trends or business
• Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to learn about the impact of outreach media in brand management
• Commitment to deadlines