Brand AmbassadorThe Indian Economist
Social Media/PR internship with Cultural Exchange ProjectThe Global Kitchen Project
Athlete Relations Social Media InternWorld Of Athletes
Social Media AssistantThe Atlanta Music Association & Academy for Performing Arts
Beauty e-commerce looking for social media internsNailbox
Social Media ApprenticeBookmark This
prime publishing llc
3400 Dundee Road, Suite 220
DescriptionThrough its network of niche content Web sites, Prime Publishing enables consumers to live fuller lives every day. The company creates women’s lifestyle content in the cooking and crafting niches.
We are seeking a Social Media Apprentice for our content sites in the area of crafting (general, knitting, beading, quilting, crochet, sewing, jewelry) and recipes (desserts, general recipes, healthy recipes) and related niche content targeted primarily to women.
The Social Media Apprentice is responsible for managing social media strategies for our various cooking and crafting web sites and communities. Each ‘community’ is comprised of a web site, e-mail newsletter, and social media endeavors (blogs, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.). The Apprentice monitors and helps create to maintain best practices for the company. This role includes evaluating results to ensure goals are met and are in line with the overall company mission. The apprentice program is set up as a 13-week work and learning experience. Our goal is to teach you a new skill each week and for you to help our editorial and social media team on regular areas of responsibilities and special projects.
The internship program is set up as a 13 week learning experience. We understand that interns may wish to work shorter or longer than 13 weeks and this is possible. Our goal is to teach you a new skill each week. Should there be mutual interest, we will share with you our training schedule and learning experience during an in-person interview which details learning goals by week. You may learn more about this internship and others at www.primecp.com
ResponsibilitiesThe roles and responsibilities of the Social Media Apprentice are constantly changing, but here are some current goals:
- Measure the impact of social media campaigns on the overall marketing efforts.
- Build and grow relationships through social media and public relations.
- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media to achieve overall marketing objectives and goals.
- Monitor trends in social media tools and stay up to date with changes and best practices in the social media space.
- Engage bloggers, attend trade shows, and develop mutually beneficial relationships with on-line influencers.
- Helping editorial team create, post, and evaluate content for social media outlets including Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook while increasing our following/fan base.
- Creating new blog content, editing, and soliciting blog content from guest bloggers as well as writing guest posts on other websites.
RequirementsIn order to be successful in this position, you need to possess certain skills and knowledge including.
- Social Media: Knowledge and understanding of social media (beyond just Facebook and Twitter) and how it can benefit our company.
- Marketing: A clear understanding of and passion for all marketing (traditional, new media, guerrilla, and ‘word of mouth’).
- Management: While you won’t necessarily be managing people, you will be managing projects and relationships.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to engage media through public relations and bloggers through various activities.
- College graduate, preferably with BA/BS in Marketing, New Media, Advertising, English, Communications, Journalism, or similar concentration.
- Strong understanding of social and online media.
- Interest in and/or experience with women’s lifestyle content.