Social Media AssistantBookmark This
Shine On Boston
DescriptionShine On Boston is a full service Commercial Cleaning and Property Management company. The business startup began one year ago by Chris O’Connor after graduating from UMass Amherst. Since then, the business has flourished and is looking to hire their first intern for a non-paid internship. The intern will be able to take advantage of the generous employee commission plan. The commission plan is 15% of one time services, and a full month of revenue for new contracts. An average office contract is $800/month so you can definitely still make some extra cash with this internship.
The web site is currently going through a re-design and the company is looking to start marketing the business more aggressively going into year 2, and would love to find a UMass student to help in growing the business!
Responsibilities- Coordinate online marketing and advertising campaigns and update Web sites
- Assist web designer complete web site with content and pictures
- Establish Facebook, twitter and social media accounts, and update content regularly
- Work with owner to build a marketing plan for next year
- Design flyers and other marketing materials
- Assist with sales (not a requirement, but commission plan is very generous and this could be a great way to make some extra cash)
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements- General understanding of marketing concepts
- Knowledgeable with social media tools
- Ability to work 15-20 hours per week
- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possess skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management