Social Media AssistantBookmark This
DescriptionInterested in working virtually, setting your own hours, and learning internet and video marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM)?
A well-established online entrepreneurial business seeks SEO interns to work remotely (or in our offices if you are in the Southern California area). This position is unpaid, but offers exceptional resume-building and networking opportunities. You will learn the in’s and out’s of the online industry and an entrepreneurial company (from the ground up).
This opportunity is open to those seeking hands on experience. If you need college credit for your internship we are willing to work with your school and academic advisor to assist you in obtaining credit.
Our company is an online marketing company selling information products and generating leads as well as provides consulting services.
Responsibilities- Coordinate online marketing and advertising campaigns and update Web sites
- Collaborate with the Communications Department and report to the Senior Digital Strategist
- Organize staff and campus coordination and community outreach
-Using video and well written video descriptions to drive traffic to our sites
- Become well versed in local search and SEO through our training, and implement these strategies to help us dominate the search engines.
- Install analytics and goal tracking on all of our websites, launch experiments, and help us make our sites get more traffic and increased conversion percentages
- Work closely with our Social Media and Blogging and Press Release interns to leverage article marketing, video marketing, Twitter, Facebook, blogging, and link building to increase traffic to our sites
Additionally, you will be responsible for sending an email every day you work answering the following questions - (This is an ABSOLUTE MUST):
What you got done that day?
What challenges or obstacles you encountered?
What questions you have?
Requirements- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possess skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer managemeInterns applying for this internship should be Marketing, Business, or Information Technology majors with experience on the Web. We prefer current college students but would consider recent graduates.
Must be a dedicated, responsible, creative, articulate, personable and an organized self-starter. The applicant should possess knowledge of how SEO can help a business grow, as well as possess excellent communications skills, be detail oriented and be able to work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
Additional Qualifications we are looking for:
- Proactive go-getter with an entrepreneurial spirit, high energy, fun, positive can-do attitude and work-ethic that is hands-on
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Strong people skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Reliable, detail-oriented and extremely motivated
- Candidate will work in a highly confidential environment and must maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Honesty, hard work (doing your best) and willingness to learn (we will put a lot on you to learn).
Don't worry if you don't understand how to do everything listed above: training will be provided.
Hours + Salary:
- Minimum of 5 hours per week
- Position available immediately
- This is an unpaid internship for college credit if desired. We will work with your school/academic advisor to help you fulfill college credit if needed but please let us know PRIOR to the beginning of your internship so that we can coordinate appropriately with your school.
Who You Will Report To:
You will report directly to the CEO of our company.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in an internship:
-With an entrepreneurial company
-Where you will learn the foundations of SEO
Then this is DEFINITELY for you!
If you are looking for:
-A paid position
-A stuffy office environment
-A "big" company
-Somebody watching over your shoulder every 5 minutes
Then this position is NOT for you, please do not apply.
Please send resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to email@example.com. Please also indicate if you will be applying for credit for your internship.