Social Media AssistantBookmark This
DescriptionThis is an opportunity for bright college students who are truly interested in social media, internet sales, and the publishing industry. You would work directly with me and focus on email marketing, social media accounts and analytics, blogger outreach, and community outreach at your campus.
This internship is for the summer, with the option to extend through the school year. The internship is virtual and you do NOT need to be in Chicago. If you are in Chicago, I'd be happy to meet up with you on a regular basis.
How It Works
We'll have weekly meetings via Skype or phone and coordinate several times per week through email. Communication is key to making this work, and I require regular reporting through email.
I'm an author and a former marketing director to several Inc. 50 companies, and I am now building my own company. I specialize in word-of-mouth and digital strategy and I'm happy to teach you everything I know, as well as write a stellar recommendation for you and/or connect you to companies who can hire you after graduation.
ResponsibilitiesYou will be a part of a group of interns who helps promote one of the following:
- a website full of resources on how to plan, write, edit, publish, and market a novel
- a website for pre-orders of a young adult book series called Seven Halos
- a website for pre-orders of a young adult book series called Socialpunk
As such, it's important that you are interested in young adult literature and/or the publishing industry. (You can't promote something you aren't excited about.)
As part of the internship, you may be responsible for all or parts of any of the following:
- Facebook ads creation and testing
- Design and create banner ads and other viral opportunities
- Email marketing
- Creating audience-building funnels, sales funnels, and tracking conversion rates through these funnels
- Writing and releasing press releases
- Blogger outreach and blog tours
- Creating content for Facebook pages and increasing Facebook fans
- Building interactive elements into a Facebook page
- Creating content for Twitter and increasing Twitter following
- Organize staff and campus coordination and community outreach
- Design elements that can be used for promotion, ie: a Twitter background or a book countdown widget
Requirements- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge in social media, marketing, and sales
- Provide location and college campus name
- Provide relevant courses and GPA
- Provide a short paragraph about your interest in young adult literature and/or the publishing industry.