Social Media AssistantBookmark This
THE BARK, INC.
DescriptionThe Bark, the premier dog magazine in the U.S., is located in West Berkeley and is seeking a hard-working and motivated candidate to join our team as a Social Media intern. You must be enrolled in school or a recent graduate. You should be interested in extending your knowledge about social media, and have a passion for print and online publishing. A familiarity with blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and other social networking sites is a plus! Bonus points if your already familiar with The Bark—the ultimate dog culture magazine!
We are looking for someone who loves dogs and would like to help us shape and implement aspects of our social media and online presence marketing strategy. The ideal candidate will have an extensive knowledge of social media, twitter, blogs, viral videos, etc. Editorial experience—perhaps working on your school’s newspaper or something comparable—is also helpful.
* Contribute to brainstorming, market research, social networking, and Internet marketing strategy
* Help to coordinate online contests and other giveaways
* Write short articles/online postings
* Post to our social media pages and monitor comments and provide reporting to editor
* Post articles to our CMS
* Tag and describe existing online content
* Assist in gathering editorial content for e-newsletters
* Proofread e-newsletters and blogs
* Respond to readers’ requests including responding to general subscriber calls and emails.
* Perform quality assurance checks on the home page and articles (search for broken links, etc.)
* Understanding of, and passion for the web and social media sites
* Great presentation skills
* Hard working with a positive, outgoing attitude
* A strong interest in social media, especially Facebook, Twitter and blogging.
* Team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work well independently and report back to a team
* Exceptional research skills
* Basic knowledge of HTML is helpful but not required
* Interest and enthusiasm for researching, writing, and/or editing
* Capability of meeting multiple deadlines
* Willingness to learn and have an inquisitive and resourceful spirit
* Experience in journalism, public relations, marketing, advertising, social media or a related field