Social Media AssociateBookmark This
The Black Institute
39 Broadway; Suite 1540
New York, NY
DescriptionThe mission of The Black Institute (TBI) is to shape intellectual discourse and dialogue and impact public policy uniquely from a Black perspective (a perspective which includes all people of color in the United States and throughout the Diaspora). The Black Institute will translate the “think” in think-tank into “action” through a head, heart and feet strategy: the head being research, data gathering, polling and academic partnerships; the heart being civic education, training and development; and the feet being on the ground organizing and issue based campaigns. TBI will change the discourse of public debate, train and educate new leadership and develop initiatives to build wealth, build power and deliver justice to Black people.
The Social Media Associate will collaborate with President, Executive Director, Webmaster and PR, Marketing & Communications Associate to develop a digital engagement strategy for TBI, its programs and its campaigns and will assist the Webmaster.
ResponsibilitiesDeveloping and supporting technical aspects of the campaign
• Drafting or locating content for the selected communications vehicles
• Managing online communications calendar and making strategic decisions about the type and frequency of communications
• Identifying opportunities to expand the scope of social media campaigns and engagement
• Monitoring online metrics to determine audience demographic trends, preferred content and to identify opportunities for further engagement
• Reviewing reports and providing analysis on results
• Participating in communications planning meetings
• Maintaining content (text, images, video, calendar of events, etc.)
• Updating content as requested
• Initiating ways to interact with other communication vehicles (social media tools, ecommunity, etc.)
• Maintaining site security, including controlling user access
• Maintaining all company domain names and hosting accounts.
Requirements• Two to three years experience working in digital and/or social media with a basic understanding in HTML and/or CSS and/or enrollment in a Computer Science and/or related degree program
• Proficiency in email and social media marketing best practices
• Strong writing and content development skills, especially the capacity to develop concise, persuasive email and social media copy and content
• The ability to analyze response data and make recommendations to improve results
• Experience with website content management systems, database management, and list segmentation.
• Enthusiasm for emerging technologies as tools for social change
• Ability to manage multiple projects and stay on task
• Additional skills in online advertising, design, video, basic programming, analytics, or mobile technologies are a plus.