Twitter Social Media SpecialistSuperInterns.com
LinkedIn Social Media SpecialistSuperInterns.com
Social Media Manager & Branding ArchitectHMK Coaching & Consulting
Social Media & Community Management InternMotivators and Creators Women's Group
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNALLERGAN PLC
Online Social Media ManagerVictims of Immigration Fraud
Summer Internship at Social Network Startup Ahead of National DebutCarita LLC
Social Media & Community Management InternBookmark This
University of MO Extension SBTDC Cape Girardeau County
684 W Jackson Trail
Posted: August 03 2015
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe University of Missouri Extension SBTDC of Cape Girardeau County is a very aggressive, fast paced client focused business development center. We serve 16 counties in Southeast Missouri and our clients consist of start up and growth focused entrepreneurs. We provide services related to helping busineses get started, marketing, business planning, focusing on solutions to problems they are having, and training on entrepreneurial topics to name a few.
The successful applicant will be working with an award winning 20+ year vetern in the marketing/advertising/public relations industry. As a previous owner of four businesses, he understands the entrepreneur mind and will work hard to help the client succeed.
The internship is housed at the center located at 684 W Jackson Trail in Jackson, MO. Some travel may be required but expenses will be reimbursed. This address is the location of the University of Missouri Small Business Technology Development Center of Cape Girardeau County.
The hours of the internship are flexible depending on your schedule and total credits you need.
I want to do internships for students because the one I had allowed me to really see the professional world outside of books and had a lot to do with me getting my first job in marketing communications. I also learn more from the students with their can do attitude. Students see things differently and I like that because it gives me a new set of ideas.
The center has had several interns over the past semester and all have graduated or gotten a job within a semester of graduating. Many felt the work they did in this internship helped them get their first job since what we focus on is real-world work - not theoretical but client focused results driven work.
Responsibilities- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Collaborates with internal departments on projects and assignments
- Demonstrates interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
Requirements- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Performs well in environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment
- Be able to travel to Jackson, MO for weekly meetings and other times as required
-Use your own laptop for your work
- Be in your final year of college as this internship is focused on production to help you find employment