Social Media & Community Management InternBookmark This
DescriptionHugTrainUSA travels around the US every year during the holiday season raising spirits, awareness and funds for mental health one hug at a time. This is a mission of putting "we" first and taking action however small to change the way we relate to each other and to people with mental health challenges.
Coming up in December is the 5th annual trip and you can help make it the best year ever. The last 2 years have been sponsored by Nokia and all 4 years have been sponsored by the Rush PR News newswire and last year saw an important increase in participation from train staff, passengers, people in the station and on the street and people online and with your help,
This internship will be virtual and mostly flexible to fit around other obligations such as school and part-time jobs but if we raise enough sponsorship funds to cover the cost of your travel and you are available to travel on any part of the trip from Charlotte, NC on December 19th through to the finale on DC on January 5th via the South, West and Midwest, it would be great to have you on board for the trip!
The role would involve building relationships with individuals, potential sponsors, our charity partners and press over twitter, facebook and e-mail, updating the website, helping in the organisation of local events as well as helping to draft communications materials such as press releases and sponsorship proposals and helping to raise funds for out charity partners.
You will be working with Arié Moyal, the founder of HugTrain, who is also a management consultant and uses social media and marketing tools to help companies embrace change and become more responsive and responsible.
Responsibilities- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Collaborates with the founder on projects and assignments
- Demonstrates interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
Requirements- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Performs well in environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment
- Has a passion for social and environmental responsibility