Social Media InternBookmark This
Greater Oak Brook Chamber of Commerce
DescriptionThe Oak Brook area is a premier location for all kinds of businesses, from Fortune 500 companies like McDonald's Corporation and Ace Hardware to nearly 2,000 small and mid-sized companies. All benefit from Oak Brook's standing as a prestigious national and international corporate center, as well as its enviable proximity to Chicago, to major expressways and airports, and to Oak Brook's dynamic corporate corridor spanning east and west along 22nd Street/Butterfield Road.
The Greater Oak Brook Chamber of Commerce is seeking an intern to help develop and execute a successful social media program to grow the chamber’s membership, advertising and other sales revenue.
Responsibilities- Utilizes social media to engage with communities of followers online
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Collaborates with internal departments on projects and assignments
- Demonstrates interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
Requirements- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Performs well in environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment