Social Media & Community Management InternBookmark This
Long Island Funding for Education
1393 Veterans Memorial Highway
DescriptionThe Not-For-Profit Corporation was formed to assist school counselors and families of middle and high school students with the selection and funding of the college experience that provides the “right” fit for each student. The end goal being an enhanced probability of career success after graduation, in addition to minimizing the total out-of-pocket cost burden to the family through financial counseling and scholarships provided to member families.
• Design organizational website
• Identify and approach potential sources of funding through a search of charitable foundations, grants, large corporations, civic organizations, and local small businesses.
• Develop social media presence for organization on Face book, Twitter, You Tube, Blog, etc.
• Outreach to traditional media outlets to promote this project as well including local newspaper and radio stations.
Benefits of internship:
• Develop networking and fundraising skills
• Hone technical skills
• Opportunity for future employment in organization for the right individuals.
• May be used for college credit but not mandatory
Responsibilities- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Collaborates with internal departments on projects and assignments
- Demonstrates interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
Requirements- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Performs well in environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment