Social Media & Community Management InternALDO GROUP
Social Media and Marketing AssistantUnique Ice Cream
Paid Commission - Social Media, Digital Marketing and Public Relations InternsCar Leasing Concierge
Social Media InternPatty Loehn Coaching (Online Business Bitchology)
Social Media & Community Management InternPatty Loehn Coaching (Online Business Bitchology)
Women's Running Blog/Social Media ContributorsStrong Runner Chicks
Sports Writer/BloggerBeyond The Huddle
Administrative Assistant/ Human ResourcesDMG Company
Social Media Community Manager InternshipBookmark This
Manhattan (Various Locales) *Mostly Virtual/At Home Work
New York, NY
Posted: August 02 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionJ2FIT is the standard in optimal human performance.
J2FIT is a "Strength & Conditioning" Lifestyle Brand:
- Exercise Training
- Performance Nutrition
Our mission is to enable all humans with the means to attain optimal physiological and psychological performance necessary for living life to the greatest potential. Through our means of exercise training, sports nutrition and sound dietary practices, mental health, and sport psychology based on leading and previously established scientific findings and methods, J2FIT has become an influential aspect in the lives of our followers, clientele, and communities.
The Social Media Community Manager will be:
- Estimated weekly hours are 5-8 hours per week, unless you have more time than that! (schedule is flexible, but most days will require a minimum of ½ hour, to keep the communication constant) (minimum 3-month commitment, but longer if you’d like)
- Intern will work remotely, on his/her own computer
- Opportunities for increased responsibility, including writing and sales
Responsibilities- Create and maintain a content editorial calendar
- Aggregate and/or create article and video content
- Communicate exciting social media news (internal and external)
- Schedule video/podcast interviews with businesses/providers
- Distribute content to various content websites
- Monitor and engage on various social media platforms
- Put together monthly newsletter
- Contact Social Media leads about our services
- Internet research to find and engage with social media communications
- Update website, as needed
- Track website statistics
- Perform above tasks and others for client projects
- Report to CEO's/Coaches and deliver reports and effectiveness of strategies, and work with them to develop improvements in the strategies.
Requirements*Familiar with Twitter and Facebook (You will be taught the rest!)
*Passionate about Social Media (interested in doing it for yourself too!)
*Friendly and conversational
*GPA at least 3.0
*Must be detail oriented, team player and technologically savvy
*Must be comfortable with Microsoft Products
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in Social Media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application. Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google+Local, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the FItness, Sports Training, and Nutrition fields.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Exceeds at building and maintaining sales relationships, online and off.
- Is a Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social”.
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques. Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
***Lastly, at J2FIT, above all else, we need a Social Media Community Manager who has a strong interest in fitness, exercise, and nutrition. Our brand culture is one that is highly passionate and gives 110% effort in all that we do. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of our craft, and well are looking for an intern to join our team and be an integral aspect of our Social Media strategy and community.