New Media InternshipBookmark This
Stuffed Pepper ™
DescriptionStuffed Pepper is pleased to announce we’re hiring! This is an exciting opportunity to get in with a start-up at its very beginning stages. You have the potential to help shape Stuffed Pepper, as well as your own career.
The New Media Intern will report to the CEO and assist in a variety of online marketing, social media, and communications projects. The New Media Intern will learn best practices for social media and communication, as well as how to plan communications campaigns. The internship will be tailored to the intern’s strengths, experiences and talents. This is an unpaid internship with the possibility of earning college credit. Working hours are completely flexible, with pre-approval, at 20 hours per week for a period of 3 months.
Responsibilities• Assist in drafting and editing blogs, website content, newsletter correspondence and other written material.
• Assist in upkeep of Stuffed Pepper’s website.
• Create social media plans and campaigns.
• Monitor influential social media sites, blogs, and twitter accounts to keep up-to-date on media trends/news.
• Assisting in creative process for coming up with new social media techniques and messaging.
• Responsible for encouraging community participation and action through personal correspondence, as well as occasional giveaways and contests.
• Responsible for keeping up conversations for Stuffed Pepper on Facebook, Twitter, Google + and other appropriate social media platforms, as well as in Stuffed Pepper’s forums.
• Other tasks related to the marketing and content of Stuffed Pepper.
Requirements• Must be familiar with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Google+.
• Must have own computer and workspace.
• As a representative of Stuffed Pepper, you must have a demonstrated ability to carry on social media conversations in a professional manner. You must also be friendly, sociable, and genuine.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
• Must have or be in the process of acquiring a bachelor’s and/or graduate degree in journalism, communications, English or other writing related degree.
• Experience with photo and/or video editing/production is a plus but not required.
• Some experience working in social media, and/or in an editorial position.
• Some experience with MailChimp and/or other newsletter templates.
• Experience with maintaining a gluten-free diet or paleo diet.