Pinterest FanaticTop Tier Media
Chinese Speaking Social Media InternshipLineage Interactive
Spanish Speaking Social Media InternshipLineage Interactive
Art Gallery / Communications, Web & Social Media Internship (Spring/Summer 2014)Alfa Art Gallery
Digital Content InternshipMason City Chamber of Commerce
Social Media CoordinatorBookmark This
International Dance Commission
Stone Mountain, GA
DescriptionThe purpose of the International Dance Commission (“The Commission”) is to serve as a multicultural umbrella organization and resource pool for dance, worship arts ministries and dance companies throughout the world! It is also our goal to serve as lobbyists in various states on particular issues that directly affect the funding of faith-based programs, particularly those that target the arts. The International Dance Commission is looking for a Social Media Coordinator that will help moderate and inspire promotional communications via company specific Internet-based applications to encourage the exchange of user-generated content. This position will serve as a conduit between the sales force and website consumers, (retailers, on and off premise customers, suppliers and the general public) to report events via social media channels. They will manage the social media elements to foster interaction, education, engagement and discussion regarding the company’s brands and products through the use of online communities. The Social Media Coordinator will manage, update and enhance through creative efforts our social media efforts; Facebook, twitter, and other blogs and social media channels.
Responsibilities• Oversee websites (sabrinamckenzi.org; intldancecomission.ning.com, dancingpreachers.com, etc.) and is responsible to make them informative, relevant, and current for customers, employees and consumers, to include updates on events, new items, marketing efforts, media, innovation, market activity congruent with company philosophies.
• Responsible for the coordination of development, advancements, technology upgrades, creativity to social media resources.
• Creatively and proactively assist the website consumers in their requests for information.
• Serve as the initial point of contact for inbound requests on online company digital properties (ie: company Twitter page) and the web at large.
• Identify, analyze issues, patterns and trends in customer requests about products/services.
• Disseminate above information to the appropriate internal departments so that they can respond accordingly:
o Ideas to product marketing
o Messaging effectiveness to marketing
o Frequently asked questions noted
• Monitor and participate in online conversation via posts to build brand visibility and thought leadership.
• Author blog posts, articles, podcasts, videos and screencasts, (or relevant media) to creatively communicate product uses per company philosophies.
• Monitor media channels on a daily basis or as needed for content issues.
• Develop and execute initiatives to drive member-generated content, increase community participation and add value to the online community experience.
• Identify and drive opportunities for intersecting online community features with potential partners.
• Identify, develop and manage relationships with service providers that can add value to the site feature.
• Provide tracking and metrics to communicate community activity to internal and external clients.
• Assist in coordinating special events as necessary.
RequirementsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Understands social media universe including Facebook, YouTube, Foursquare Bookmarking sites (such as StumbleUpon, Delicious, Digg, Reddit), Flickr, Forums, Twitter, Wikis, blogs, etc.
• Possesses strong computer/internet skills
• Able to work effectively in a multi-tasking environment
• Excels at research, possesses excellent writing skills and the ability to create editorial and technical writing output quickly
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products
• Dedicated to blogging, microblogging (i.e. Twitter) and use of Facebook
• Understands the power of feed marketing (i.e. RSS)
• Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media
• Demonstrated ability to map out a marketing strategy and then drive that strategy
• Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing
• Ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound
• Ability to work with multiple teams simultaneously-both internal and external-in a dynamic fast-paced environment
• Discretion to identify threats and opportunities in user generated content
• Knowledge of search engine optimization basics including basic keyword research
• Understands what it means to shoulder the communication of a brand
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
• Eager to meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility
• Brings to the position outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
• Ability to communicate results to management and in a fast paced environment
• Knowledge and understanding of market trends.