Social Media & Electronic Internship OpportunityBookmark This
AIDS Taskforce of Greater Cleveland
3210 Euclid Ave
DescriptionThe AIDS Taskforce of Greater Cleveland (ATGC) is seeking a Social Media & Electronic Marketing Intern. This intern will work directly with within the Advancement Team to perform outreach about the ATGC’s programs, events and campaigns to online information outlets including blogs, social networking sites, and the online communications of allied organizations.
The Social Media & Electronic Marketing Intern will have the opportunity to create and implement online marketing and engagement campaigns. This will include creating and learning about new strategies, tactics and tools while working with the professional, fast moving and highly dedicated team of ATGC staff.
ResponsibilitiesDuties: The Social Media & Electronic Marketing Intern will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and getting visibility for our brand. The intern will also assist in various social media and web based projects.
• Help to maintain the ATGC presence on online social networking sites (primarily Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube) by starting conversations online and nurturing online visitors into deeper levels of involvement in the ATGC. This will be done in partnership with the Director of Development & External Affairs and/or others at the ATGC.
• Create, manage and distribute the ATGC bi-monthly e-newsletter ‘Voice Positive’ and help build audience for the newsletter.
• Build relationships with the online communications staff at other nonprofits. Subscribe to allied nonprofits’ e-newsletters, and look for ways to share ATGC outreach with them. Work with ATGC staff and leadership to provide content and graphics for allies’ newsletters as appropriate, and to place traded content in our own e-newsletter.
• Develop relationships with relevant bloggers, providing them with information about ATGC. Duties will include through original blog research. (Yes, that means you get to spend part of your day reading blogs!)
• Research ways to enhance the revenue generation opportunities of social networking and e-marketing and create and implement a strategy around these opportunities.
• Update website, as needed
• Track and analyze website, social media and e-marketing statistics.
• Completion of at least two years of undergraduate studies desired.
• Must have a passion for HIV/AIDS, LGBT, social justice and related issues.
• Must be an outgoing, personable, and articulate networker and self-starter.
• Must be comfortable working in a lively, progressive environment where creativity is encouraged and a sense of humor is essential.
• Must be web savvy and enjoy keeping up with new content-sharing technologies online.
• Avid user of social media.
• Previous experience with online outreach desirable.
• Experience using WordPress, Mail Chimp and graphics programs such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator desirable.
• Must be a detail oriented, team player and technologically savvy