Social MediaBookmark This
National Center for Family Philanthropy
1101 Connecticut Ave, NW #220
DescriptionThe National Center for Family Philanthropy is the only national nonprofit dedicated exclusively to families who give and those that work with them. NCFP provides the research, expertise and networking opportunities necessary to inspire our national network of giving families every step of the way on their philanthropic journey. Families learn how to transform their values into effective giving that makes a positive and enduring impact on the communities they serve. Together, we make great things happen. The National Center for Family Philanthropy is currently seeking an intern to help with special projects to build our social media presence and create an interactive community.
I. Purpose and Scope of Internship
The intern will help us implement our social media strategy for 2013-2015 through a variety of special projects. We need an intern who can help us optimize our online communications and listening mechanisms. This internship would provide an opportunity to think creatively about our strategy moving forward and we would welcome your recommendations. You would have the opportunity to help giving families get access to information they need, engage with each other and provide ways to showcase their impact on the community.
ResponsibilitiesII. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Help improve and optimize our Netvibes dashboard based on staff needs
• Collect and analyze data from various vehicles and make recommendations
• Help us in creating online communities using Twitter and LinkedIn
• Opportunity to do other research projects based on interest
RequirementsIII. Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Student enrolled in a BA or MA program at a university
• Attention to detail
• Familiarity with Twitter, LinkedIn Facebook and Google alerts
• Experience with Google+ and blogs a plus
• Experience with the tools used to measure various social media vehicles a plus
• Highly motivated student who can work independently with minimal supervision and training.
• Access to a laptop computer