Social Media Intern (Creative)Bookmark This
Smile Peace Love Photography
305 Indian Way
East Stroudsburg, PA
DescriptionEstablished photographer seeks intern(s).
Monday – Friday
Throughout the week, you will have assigned projects to work on. Projects may include social media, marketing, research, and basic graphic design. The majority of the work will be done on your own time and we will be delivered and communicated via Internet. One night per week (to be determined) we will meet and go over details from the week, training, problems, questions, the next weeks assignments, etc. The occasional mid-week shoot, consultation or client meeting may be required.
Relaxed atmosphere - Intern should be very mature, self-motivated, a self-starter, intelligent, reliable, independent, and hardworking, but easy going. Being punctual is necessary.
In your initial email to me: Please indicate when you would like to intern.
***Very important: *** propose a start date & finish date.
I am looking for people now & in the future. Serious inquiries only. A minimum of 10 days is required. Class credit is available, and works produced can serve as a portfolio starter or can be added to an existing collection.
College students looking for credit are very welcome; please indicate how many hours you are required to complete to get credit. Other photographers, students, and professionals may also participate.
Please attach a resume in your email, including references and a list of software proficiencies and relevant course work that you have completed. Also, tell me what you are interested in learning from me. This is an unpaid internship with a lot of potential to learn. This internship is NOT for people just looking to be on shoots. Also, please provide links to at least 2 social media/ networking profiles to demonstrate interests and knowledge.
This opportunity is unpaid, however interns will walk away with a lot of information, tutorials, samples, free tools, templates, and creative elements, as well as a binder full of information, notes, and tools for your personal use.
- Support and expand public relations with media contacts, artists, clients and the general public
- Assist during events, shoots, seminars and receptions
- Help maintain website, blog and social media network presence
- Organize and collect progress reports
- Monitor project calendar, ensuring project is on schedule and in budget
- Use alternate forms of communication (including graphic arts), resulting in improved interactions.
- Compile monthly newsletters for email campaigns
- Coordinate organizational and administrative tasks
- Coordinate online marketing and advertising campaigns and update Web sites
- Conducting market research
- Having your own laptop with Photoshop installed is preferred but not required.
- Must be Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and communication skills?(written and verbal communication skills)
- Must possess multi-tasking and coordination experience and skills
- Must have a passion for art; preferably photography
- Must demonstrate attention to details while maintaining perspective
- Must have working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Must possess skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Must have a good familiarity with Photoshop, including layers, clone stamp, brush tool.
- Should understand cost-reduction principles and how to implement goals
- Should possess skills at assessing issues, defining solutions, and implementing strategy
- Should prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and socializing, and include roles that call for imagination.