Social Media Intern For Non ProfitBookmark This
Special Spaces SWPA
DescriptionSpecial Spaces SWPA is an entirely volunteer run organization that creates dream bedrooms for children facing life threatening illnesses.
The Social Media Intern/volunteer will work directly with within the Communications Team to perform outreach about Special Spaces SWPA and campaigns to online information outlets including blogs, social networking sites, and the online communications of allied nonprofit organizations.
The Social Media Intern will have the opportunity to learn how to create and implement online marketing and engagement campaigns. This will include learning about new strategies, tactics and tools in the process of working with a fast moving team and highly dedicated team of Green America staff.
NOTE: Telecommuting is an available option for this internship.
• Help to maintain Special Spaces SWPA’s presence on online social networking sites (primarily Facebook and Twitter) by starting conversations online and nurturing online visitors into deeper levels of involvement with Special Spaces SWPA.
• Build relationships with the online communications staff at other nonprofits. Subscribe to allied nonprofits’ e-newsletters, and look for ways to share Special Spaces SWPA’s outreach with them. Work with the communications director to provide content and graphics for allies’ newsletters as appropriate, and to place traded content in our own e-newsletter.
• Completion of at least two years of undergraduate studies desired.
• Must have a passion for non profit work.
• Must be an outgoing, personable, and articulate networker and self-starter.
• Must be comfortable working in an environment where creativity is encouraged.
• Must be web savvy and enjoy keeping up with new content-sharing technologies online.
• Avid users of social media (primarily Facebook and Twitter).
• Experience on previous online outreach desirable.
• Experience using graphics programs such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator desirable.
To apply: Send your resume and a one page writing sample to Brian VanKirk, Director, bvankirk at specialspacesswpa dot org