Social Media InternBookmark This
1st Position Marketing
2008 Thorn Crest Drive
DescriptionWe are seeking to fill several part-time, unpaid intern positions to work approximately 20 hrs. per week- but this is flexible.
This is a start-up agency so each intern will have a chance to get real, hands-on experience of building and shaping a brand that will put your creative and PR muscles to the test. You will be given real responsibilities and have a chance to show your entrepreneurial side as well.
While working on various social media projects, our interns have opportunities to broaden their knowledge and develop or enhance skills in the following areas: communications, public relations, marketing, copy writing, editing, proofreading, blogging, customer service, team-building, project management, problem-solving, and leadership. This is a wonderful opportunity to gain valuable experience for your portfolio.
Upon successful completion of your internship, we will provide a job recommendation. Interns will also be given special consideration when applying for any open positions in the company for which they are qualified. For college students, we will also provide an evaluation if your school requires one and we will comply with the necessary rules and regs. to offer this internship for college credit.
ResponsibilitiesThis position will include both agency and client responsibilities as assigned by the CEO. Therefore, the Intern must have a strong sense of responsibility, thoroughness, dependability, attention to detail, and trustworthiness.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Generating strong copy writing which reflects the agency's or a client’s brand and
- Drafting/proof-reading/updating blogs for review and consideration
- Researching specific industries to effectively communicate on a client’s behalf via social
- Producing creative writing and/or graphic design that will generate a stronger social
media presence for the agency or clients
- Sharing blog posts and other articles/resources on social media networks with shortened
links that connect to the proper pages and websites
- Tracking and measuring key social media metrics as defined by the agency or clients
- Generating ideas to accomplish agency or client goals such as content, promotions,
contests, etc. that would result in increased fans/followers, brand recognition and/or
reach, leads and eventually new clients/customers
RequirementsQualified interns must possess a basic understanding of one or more social networks, a desire to work hard and the ability to learn quickly. Candidates should also possess the following skills and qualities:
- Creativity – copy writing skills are a MUST. Must be able to write blog articles and create
original content for Facebook and Twitter. Graphic design skills are a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior time management and ability to prioritize
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Documents and Gmail
- Adobe Creative Suite or other design programs is a plus but not required
- Web development, HTML/CSS coding knowledge is a plus but not required
- Familiarity with WordPress is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of administration pages for: Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest
- A basic understanding of LinkedIn and a desire to learn advanced prospecting and lead
generation skills using LinkedIn
- Be a self-starter able to work on projects with little direction once the projects are
underway- but be discerning enough to know when to ask for help and guidance.
- Able to work on tight deadlines when needed
- Ability to work as part of a team when necessary
- A sense of humor
If you feel you have most of these qualifications and a sincere desire to learn the skills you are lacking, please go ahead and apply. We are happy to train the right applicants who are motivated and eager to learn.