Social Media InternOrganic Gender
Facebook Digital Curators & Writers | Curate 10 Posts Per Day on African Fashion Finds & newsAdiree
Adiree PR Bloggers & Writers | Topics on Africa, Public Relations, Branding, Non ProfitsAdiree
Digital Curators & Writers | Cultural, Public Relations, Tips on TravelAdiree
Social Media & Digital PR (Blogging /Social Activities, Digital Curators, & Writing Press Releases)Adiree
Social Media InternBookmark This
DescriptionGODNET.TV has openings for tech-savvy interns to join our communications team. The position is ideal for an undergraduate or graduate student interested in television production and online media.
The Social Media Intern will work directly with the online marketing team to perform outreach about GODNET.TV and its subsidiary websites programs and campaigns to online information outlets including blogs, social networking sites, and online communications organizations.
The Social Media Intern will have the opportunity to learn how to create and implement online marketing and engagement campaigns. This will include learning about new strategies, tactics and tools in the process of working with the fast moving and highly dedicated team of GODNET.TV.
ResponsibilitiesHelp to maintain the GODNET.TV and subsidiary presence on online social networking sites (primarily Facebook and Twitter) by starting conversations online and nurturing online visitors into deeper levels of involvement in GODNET.TV’s work. This will be done in partnership with the online editor, and/or others at GODNET.TV. Work one on one with online editor on how to improve website, Facebook account, and ensure better navigation between pages. Build relationships with the online communications staff at other organizations, and look for ways to share GODNET.TV’s outreach programs with them. Work with the online editor to provide content and graphics for GODNET.TV newsletters as appropriate, and to place content in our e-newsletter.
• Monitor, expand and update GODNET.TV and its subsidiaries presence on Wikipedia, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Digg, Flickr, and other sites; Monitor and research best practices of similar organizations on social networking sites; Contribute ideas for GODNET.TV and its subsidiaries strategic development as it relates to social media; Utilize Google AdWords and Amazon Associates to increase search results for GODNET.TV on internet; Promote actions, events, speaking engagements, and fundraisers through frequent blast emails to GODNET.TV supporters; Use Google Analytics data to strategize around what types of articles, widgets, and navigation tools improve frequency and length of website usage; Use Hootesuite, social media technology, to track Facebook and Twitter postings success rates and make improvements as needed; Post daily news items and reports to the website; Assist with press releases to major international news sources;
This is an unpaid position but will provide an opportunity to donate expertise and grow this position within our organization. This position also offers interns significant training in social media development and public relations. In time, this position may grow into a paid career opportunity. We are able to work with students to obtain school credit, if available.
An experienced volunteer must commit to working a minimum of 20-30 hours per week and may enjoy a flexible schedule, working remotely. A minimum of 3-6 months is required with the possibility of extension; applicants that are willing to commit to 4+ months are strongly preferred.
Candidates should understand the journalistic opportunities presented by social media. While you should have deep familiarity with social technologies, developer skills are not required. Experience using social networks in an editorial context or related work in a newsroom is required. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and contact information to Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Social Media Intern 2012” in the subject line. Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume, including links to social media accounts you may maintain personally.
• Completion of at least two years of undergraduate studies desired.
• Must be web savvy and enjoy keeping up with new content-sharing technologies online. Avid users of social media (primarily Facebook and Twitter).
• Experience on previous online outreach desirable.
• Experience using graphics programs such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator desirable.