Social Media InternBookmark This
Asante Africa Foundation
337 17th St. Suite 217
DescriptionAsante Africa Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that promotes quality educational access and leadership development for children in East Africa (Kenya and Tanzania). Asante Africa Foundation believes in the power of knowledge as a catalyst to help young people create a future where they live their dreams. We achieve this vision through partnering with local families, educators and community members to create safe and healthy learning environments, strengthen teacher quality, enhance learning in the classrooms, provide merit-based scholarships, and leadership development. To learn more about Asante Africa Foundation please visit www.asanteafrica.org
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for managing editorial content and campaigns that communicate our brand and reputation in a wide variety of social media activities. He/She role will manage day-to-day editorial content, community development, monitoring of conversations, and tracking of metrics/data -- in real time, across multiple social media platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, and others.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in the execution of content and conversational communications in the social media space. He/She will have the ability to communicate from the company's brand perspective and voice, curate available content and perspectives to help foster dialogue, quickly resolve issues, and understand the inner workings -- as well as socially accepted protocols -- of social platforms.
• Manage and execute the Company's presence and reputation on social media platforms, social news platforms, and blogs (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Tumblr, Digg, etc.)
• Oversee day-to-day editorial content -- create posts/status updates, foster dialog, answer questions or comments, monitor trends, advise on potential opportunities and resolve issues
• Identify influencers and develop a rapport with them that supports the company's communications and reputation goals
• Manage incoming content -- edit, select and prioritize content; adapt content for relevant channels and audiences
• Assist with the management of issues, including development and implementation of proactive strategies and responses
• Track metrics, report "chatter," and communicate platform activity with internal team members
• Support team in the development of long-range, multi-platform social media content strategies, editorial calendars and tactical plans
• A minimum of 4 years of experience, with at least 2 year actively engaging consumers and influencers within social media channels. Must have superb written and verbal communications and influence skills.
• Solid familiarity with social media, social new, and blogging platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Tumblr, Digg, etc.) and social media best practices.
• Documented experience creating successful community-building campaigns that engaged and inspired action
• Experience working with data/metrics and articulating how the data informs strategy/tactics
• Able to drive content schedules/calendars and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience with communications in international markets is a plus
• A bachelor's degree (or work in progress) in journalism, public relations, communications, business, marketing or related field is required.
To be successful as a member of the Asante Africa Foundation team, you will also:
• Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a rapidly growing nonprofit organization
• Be an innovative and creative thinker - you are not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so
• Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
• Have a strong work ethic, take initiative, and require minimal direction
• Work well independently as well as part of a team
• Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment