Social Media InternBookmark This
1133 Avenue of the Americas, 34th Floor
New York, NY
DescriptionTheBlaze is looking for a social media and digital strategy intern to become a key junior member of our New York office. TheBlaze prides itself on an actively managed internship program where our trainees make important contributions to our site and learn a wide range of skills necessary to succeed in digital and broadcast media. We are looking for driven candidates who embrace their enthusiasm of media and are excited to be challenged in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment.
ResponsibilitiesDaily responsibilities will include (though not be limited to):
• Posting content on YouTube and sparking engaging conversations across various social media platforms
• Reviewing and evaluating existing social media platforms and looking for ways to improve current campaigns
• Aid in producing and editing of YouTube content as we well as photos and multimedia digital content posted on other social platforms
RequirementsAll applicants should possess excellent writing and communications skills, have a sharp eye for detail, and should be interested in pursuing a career in media. The ideal candidate:
• Has a deep understanding of social technologies and the unique elements of successful social content
• Demonstrated experience working with YouTube. Also helpful to be well versed in Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
• Is incredibly proactive and eager to troubleshoot problems before (and as) they occur
• Is unafraid to ask for help or clarity on tasks
*Only full-time undergraduate students will be considered for fall and spring internships. All applicants who do not meet these requirements will not be considered under any circumstances.