Social Media InternBookmark This
New York, NY
DescriptionBandtz™ is the first line of hair ties elegant enough to double as jewelry. Handmade in New York, Bandtz bands are a sophisticated upgrade to an everyday accessory -- "Lingerie for the hair!" Our product promises effortless elegance, a simple sexiness, and a put-together look and our social media presence should represent the same.
The social media intern at Bandtz will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and getting visibility for our brand. Interns are expected to have experience with social media on (at least) a personal level (use on a business level preferred). You must be able to think strategically and see how social media fits into our overall marketing strategy -- i.e. not just “selling” to our customers, but building long-lasting relationships by providing value to them. Interns will have the chance to propose social media plans (once ample information is provided to you), and once approved, carry them out. You should be able to measure and document the impact of social media, and hopefully suggest steps to increase impact.
This is an unpaid internship for college credit only. We are looking to fill the position immediately with one or two candidates available to work 7-10 hours/week (3 hours/week will be at our office, the rest of the hours can be from home).
Intern responsibilities include:
• Up to the minute knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Picsity, YouTube, blogs, etc.
• Update and/or create Bandtz profiles and pages
• Desire to create and/or aggregate a steady stream on-brand content
• Monitor, engage and post on various social media platforms daily (posting blog posts/tweets/updates etc.)
• Replying to comments and messages
• Distribute content to various content websites
• Create and maintain a content editorial calendar
• Field any press or sample requests
• Finding users to follow/friend/like Bandtz
• Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
• Contribute new and exciting ideas on how to grow the Bandtz online presence
Responsibilities- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Collaborates with internal departments on projects and assignments
- Demonstrates interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
Requirements- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possesses excellent writing skills
- Serious interest in fashion, aesthetics, etiquette, style, grace, poetry and the culture of sex appeal
- Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment
- Well-mannered, quick-witted and capable applicants only please.