Social Media InternBookmark This
Music Startup [Undisclosed Name]
39 Fifth Avenue
DescriptionFall-Semester NYC Students!
We're a team looking for more members. This fall semester we'll be launching an app to help unsigned, emerging, and unsurfaced musicians break through and build their fan bases. In a new way, users will be able to share songs with their friends and we're excited!
The app's founding team is made up of myself, a recent NYU computer science graduate whose vision and design has helped birth the company, and Walter and Lynda Yetnikoff. Walter brings decades of expertise in the multitudes of mediums for the ever-changing music business. He presided over artists Michael Jackson, Bruce Springsteen and Billy Joel in the 1970's and 80's as CEO of CBS Records and Sony Music Entertainment. His wife Lynda, a musician and writer has brought the artists’ voice to the building of the app.
We're looking to fill a few internship positions that would commence in early September, just about a month before we launch so it will be a very exciting time for you as well.
Social Media Position
- We will launch with a presence on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. As an intern we will work hand-in-hand to make sure we have a compelling marketing strategy day in and day out.
- We will work together to utilize existing social platforms to enhance our public image
- You will have access and your primary tasks will be to post compelling content to expand our online presence
ResponsibilitiesWhat we ask of you:
- Send us a compelling cover letter about how much you love music or tech or marketing or anything relevant, something that makes you stand out. note: We are looking to build a team of people who are smart, of course, but also people who demonstrate a personality. If your personality doesn't shine through in your cover letter, will it shine through on Twitter? Facebook? Instagram? Impress us!
- Send us your resume
- Link us to your account handles on any relevant social media accounts you have
Requirements- As the internship is unpaid, you must be able to receive school credit
- Working knowledge of marketing to millennials (your peers) while also keeping the content ageless
- Photoshop skills are a plus but not necessary (images on Facebook far exceed text, as you know)
- You must be awesome.