Social Media InternBookmark This
World Medical Relief
11745 Rosa Parks Blvd.,
Posted: 509 days ago
DescriptionPosition Title: Social Media Intern
Term: 6 months -1 year Pay rate: Unpaid
Hours: 16 to 30 hours per week (some events may be outside of normal business hours)
Supervisor: Director of Development and Community Affairs
Goal or purpose of position: The social media intern provides a range of support to assist the Director of Development and Community Affairs. The goal of the position is to assist in successful operations of development team at World Medical Relief.
Please e-mail cover letter, resume and (2) writing samples and (1) social media positing to Crystal Staffney, Director of Development and Community Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
ResponsibilitiesMajor responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Identifies changing social media trends and creates related strategies for the agency
• Researches articles, studies and evaluation of social media technologies (Mobile Giving, Digg, Crowdrise, etc.)
• Observes and understands evolution of social media users (communication, community building, etc.)
• Researches social media evaluation tools and integrates World Medical Relief social media plan and practice
• Assists in presentations for staff/board using discovered materials
Monitors related online conversations
• Regularly “listens” online via RSS feed, Google Analytics, FB and Twitter
• Logs meaningful trends and conversations
• Participates in weekly analysis of compiled information
Creates social media messaging/content to garner community awareness
• Ensures relevance and consistency of messaging among all modes of media used
• Appropriately participates in two-way communication with on-line supporters
• Assist in creating a “virtual street”
• Assists in facilitating one online fundraising project (i.e. Fund Me account)
• Ability to coordinate calendar, meetings, special projects (as needed), etc.
• Must be very organized, multi task and flexible for changing
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Person should be enthusiastic, poised, and professional
• Serves as an ambassador for the organization and promotes a positive image/ reputation of the ministry.
RequirementsExperience/Education: Ideal candidate will have an Associates or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related Business Major.
Qualifications (required, desired):
• You will be required to have your own laptop.
• Strong interest in a nonprofit career
• At least 2 years of experience in public relations
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Available by phone and Internet
• No previous felony convictions: subject to criminal background check