Social Media & Community Management InternSalon Antebellum
Social Media and Public Relations InternshipJoslin Diabetes Center
Social Media InternIchan School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Social Media Intern- Fall 2014Dress for Success Washington, DC
Doggie Daycare Assistant/Social MediaLove Dogs Camp
Beauty, Health and Fashion Social Media InternBookmark This
La Isha Natural Skincare
DescriptionAn award-winning, local skin care company based in Denver, Colorado is looking for a creative individual to help conceive and execute social media campaigns for the purpose of increasing product visibility and brand awareness in the social media stratosphere.
This internship is an incredible opportunity for someone who is eager to learn and gain valuable real world experience. We welcome those who show a passion for staying up to date with social media trends. A strong willingness to learn, positive attitude, ability to thrive alone or on a team and flexibility is a must! Upon completion of the internship you will receive a recommendation letter from the CEO/Founder of the company. Working in our entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment is a great way to build experience on your resume.
This is an unpaid, part-time internship. We ask that you work a minimum of 8-10 hrs. per week Monday through Friday with some flexibility. Ability to work up to 20 hrs. per week during some weeks is helpful. Intern will work remotely using his/her own laptop but will be expected to attend the occasional staff meeting or company event. Internship duration will run May-September, with options to extend a second internship running from September through December 2013. Applications are currently being accepted until May 31st. With your application please include your resume, cover letter, 2 references and samples of your past work that document your social media knowledge and experience (please send us the links) for our review.
• Create media campaigns through social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Tumblr, Digg, Triberr etc.
• Monitor, engage and update social media platforms.
• Identify and create partnerships with key bloggers to increase visibility, influence and leads.
• Create content through tweeting, pinning, blogging (blogger) etc.
• Gather exposure articles, write press releases, and other PR-related tasks.
• Update website blog posts, as needed.
• Coordinate social media with online marketing, promotional and advertising campaigns.
• Conduct internet research on health and beauty blogs/websites to identify opportunities to promote brand through giveaways, contests, promotions etc.
• Track statistics and monitor web traffic and identify trending topics.
• Monitor mentions and web exposure to ensure all info is accurate and up to-date across social media sites/networks (including videos, photos, product descriptions, contact info. etc.)
• Expert knowledge of social media and demonstrated ability to create and execute a social media marketing strategy (metric based) including the development of social media campaigns.
• Strong user of and proficiency in various social media platforms including Triberr, Hootsuite, Tweepi, etc.
• Some knowledge of SEO and RSS feed helpful.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
• An individual who is self-disciplined and forward thinking.
• Knowledge of and interest in healthy living, beauty and natural cosmetics is a definite plus.
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
• Good Grammar and English skills.
• Ability to use PhotoShop and photo/video editing software helpful.
• Perform above tasks and other marketing activities as assigned by manager.
• Owns and has access to a laptop.
Preferred Experience and Education:
• An individual currently enrolled in or has a degree in marketing, public relations, advertising, communications, journalism or business.
• Is currently utilizing social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online.
• Demonstrates enthusiastic interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can be used continuously to engage the online community.