Social Media InternBookmark This
DescriptionChicago Care2Prevent (C2P) program is committed to providing comprehensive care and prevention education for Young People Living with HIV/STI (YPLWH) and individuals who are most at-risk for new infections.
The social media intern’s role is to increase our online activity and engage potential donors, promote events and draw awareness to C2P programming. The ideal candidate is someone who is a self starter and hard-working.
Start time is as soon as possible, but this internship is for the fall semester or year-round if applicable. Minimum of 10 hours a week. Course Credit preferred sophomore, junior, or senior.
Responsibilities- Grow audience and engagement with potential donors and partners
- Help to enhance C2P’s public relations and digital media capabilities by drafting social content, blog entries, press releases, e-mail blasts, web site copy
- Maintain C2P’s presence on social networking sites (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Provide creative ideas to support overall public relations, digital media and marketing efforts
- Conceptualize and execute a social media engagement initiative
- Provide performance updates of initiatives on a regular basis
Requirements- Exceptional written skills are a must with the ability to work effectively under deadlines
- Talented copy editor able to distill information and communicate using simple, brief language
- Highly organized with experience supporting media outreach and other activities
- Proven experience using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and researching abilities