Social Media Marketing Manager (Internship) for Beauty Company (Summer 2014)Bookmark This
DescriptionAn award-winning, local skin care company based in Houston, Texas is looking for a creative individual to help conceive and execute social media campaigns for the purpose of increasing product visibility and brand awareness in the social media stratosphere.
This internship is an incredible opportunity for someone who is eager to learn and gain valuable real world experience in the cosmetic industry. We welcome those who show a passion for staying up to date with social media trends, a strong willingness to learn, positive attitude, ability to thrive alone or on a team and flexibility is a must!
Upon completion of the internship you will receive a recommendation letter from the CEO of the company. Working in our entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment is a great way to build experience on your resume.
This is an unpaid, part-time internship. We ask that you work a minimum of 8-10 hrs. per week Monday through Friday with some flexibility. Ability to work up to 20 hrs. per week during some weeks is helpful. Intern will work remotely using his/her own laptop but will be expected to attend the occasional staff meeting or company event.
ResponsibilitiesCreate Twitter campaign
Create Facebook campaign, including metric objectives and content schedule
Create Instagram campaign
Manager Twitter, Facebook and Instagram posts
Create content for Website
Create blog schedule
Incorporate annual milestones in fashion industry and charitable recognition (i.e., Christmas shopping season and Breast Cancer Awareness Month) into social media campaign
Research and report on industry standards for social media
Requirements• Development: Assist team with initial setup of social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Flicker, and other social media platforms), coordinating creative executions for landing pages, default graphics, and other elements within the communities.
• Community Management: Assist the Social media director with day-to-day community management, fan engagement, page and content moderation, and general outreach.
• Content Monitoring: Assist in monitoring key online conversations and events to make sure brands are being well-represented.
• Research: Assist with basic research as needed in order to engage the community and investigate any trending activities within the community.
• Analytics: Taking data from research and performance analytics and helping to create reports for our clients that draw conclusions on performance.
• Strategy Ideation: Being involved with team concept think tanks to help craft Social Media campaigns and promotions.