Social Media Intern for Event Planning CompanyBookmark This
Events By Ny / NY WHITAKER INC
2205 Third Avenue
New York, NY
Seeking student or young professional for position of Social Media Intern at notable event marketing consulting firm which provides services for prominent NYC non-profit, corporate and celebrity clients. The job requires at least a two-day per week commitment but work can be done remotely from anywhere. Position starts immediately.
We are looking for an intern to assist with our social media marketing efforts for our company and our clients. This is an opportunity to learn how to effectively use social media as productive part of integrated marketing strategy. This internship is unpaid. Course/Internship credit for school only. Interns are expected to have experience with social media on a personal, academic or business level.
Responsibilities• Creating/updating profiles and pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Blogs, etc.)
• Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
• Identifying users to follow/friend/like our business
• Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
• Replying to comments, messages, etc.
• Ability create and upload Twitter & YouTube backgrounds, and minor video editing skills are a plus
Requirements• Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
• Be creative with an eye for design
• Ability to develop a detailed and professional marketing plan
• Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred
• Knowledge of video editing software – iMovie, Final Cut, or Windows Live Movie Maker is a plus
• Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Wordpress, etc.
• Willingness/ability to create video blogs, write press releases, and Facebook posts daily
• Ability to develop and contribute fresh ideas to grow online presence
• Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to audience through social media
• Experience with copywriting, proofreading, editing, layout and design
• Ability to contribute individually and as part of a team
• Photography skills a plus
Close proximity to New York City required.