Social Media Internship - Central/Northern New JerseyBookmark This
TAP Into, LLC
PO Box 794
New Providence, NJ
DescriptionAre you looking to learn about and get real world experience in social media? TAP Into is a network of hyperlocal news website franchises that delivers original, objective, award-winning, community-based news, sports, events and more. Our sites are individually owned and operated in each town/territory by people who have a passion for community news.
Our Social Media Interns work with TAP Into’s professional staff to help spread the word about hyperlocal journalism through the use of social media. The interns learn the latest tools to develop effective social media campaigns that drive traffic to each of our sites. They will gain significant experience in delivering online marketing strategies for a franchised corporation, as well as small local businesses. Interns will also attend monthly seminars with TAP Into’s professional staff
ResponsibilitiesTAP Into internships are a hands-on experience where no two days are alike. Our Social Media Interns work hand-in-hand with our Social Media Director to learn and execute the necessary marketing strategies to grow a local business, as well as expand on a corporate franchised business, in an online environment.
Additionally, Social Media Interns are expected to:
• Create new profiles and pages (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Upload videos, photos
• Finding users to follow/friend/like our businesses
• Write and post tweets/updates, etc.
• Track the growth and the impact of social media on our business
• Reply to comments, messages, etc.
• Ability to create and upload Twitter & YouTube backgrounds, and minor video editing skills are a plus
• Handle administrative tasks
RequirementsInterested candidates must meet the following criteria to be eligible for this opportunity.
Suggested qualifications include:
• Must receive academic credit
• Previous internship or marketing experience preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
• Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred
• Knowledge of video editing software – iMovie, Final Cut, or Windows Live Movie Maker is a plus
• Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
• Knowledge of Excel
• Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
• Experience proofreading and editing