Social Media InternshipBookmark This
Posted: 468 days ago
DescriptionShimmerTeen is a new health, wellness, and lifestyle destination for teenage girls. At Shimmerteen, we’ve had our share of breakups, awkward gyno visits, late night study sessions, first times, and embarrassing moments. We’ve seen some friendships last and others crumble. We’ve run our first 5ks, and watched Real Housewives marathons. We’re living some of our dreams and still working on others. We’ve used bike rides and ice cream to fight off the blues. We eat veggies for energy and for glowing skin.
We’ve learned a few things along the way, but it wasn’t always easy. Asking parents questions about periods and sex is awkward and sometimes forbidden. Getting to doctors can be inconvenient.
As you click around the site, you’ll see that we’ve rounded up the info, tips, and tricks that help us feel the best, look our best, and live the lives we want. We hope ShimmerTeen makes your life a little easier and a little more fun.
You are thoughtful and creative and ready to be part of a team working hard to innovate in the media world. You’re flexible in your thinking, creative, and a self-starter. You have an eye for interesting content and have good taste to present it in an appealing manner. You’re ready for an internship where you will have real experience and the ability to lead and make a real impact. You speak fluent social media and you’re an active online communicator.
About the position:
• We value all of our interns and will make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals.
• This is the perfect position for someone who enjoys writing and social media, and is analytical and creative.
• You’ll be strategically growing the ShimmerTeen community and engaging with our community of users. The position is creative and hands-on.
• You must receive school credit for the internship.
ResponsibilitiesJob Description & Duties
• Plan and execute a strategy for growing ShimmerTeen’s social media followings.
• Schedule posts.
• Interact with community members.
RequirementsApply if you are:
• A student looking for a part time (5-20 hours/week) internship, based from home.
• An excellent writer, who is skilled at communicating your thoughts in a friendly, punchy manner.
• A social media addict, who understands the ins and outs of popular social networks and is comfortable diving head first into posting, tweeting, pinning, and blogging.
• A creative thinker who will find new, exciting ways to tell our story.