Social Media InternshipBookmark This
38 Everett St.
DescriptionAn internship at Overdrive Interactive is a foot in the door. We train our interns to become expert interactive marketers so they can work for our company. So, while getting in the door might be a little harder, once you’re in, you are viewed as a critical team member and an integral part of the agency’s future.
The responsibilities of the social media intern include:
- Provide daily support for the Social Media Department
- Source and write social media content for clients on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube and Pinterest
- Help in increasing clients’ followers through outreach activities
- Conduct social media research for clients as needed
- Learn about social media best practices including increasing fan engagement, improving website traffic, and delivering an extraordinary member experience
- Write for the Overdrive blog discussing industry trends and news
- Opportunity to present social media trends in front of the entire agency
Hours can be flexible to work around a school schedule for the ideal individual. This is an unpaid internship for college credit and experience to transition onboard full-time.
Please send resume, cover letter, writing sample and availability to social(at)overdriveinteractive(dot)com. Please put “Social Media Intern” in the subject line.
Requirements- Senior undergraduate, recent graduate or graduate student
- Have taken/are taking advertising and marketing courses
- Interested in social media
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently as well as in team environments
- Great time management and organizational skills
- Able to devote 15-20 hours per week at Overdrive