Social Media Internship - unpaidBookmark This
Resource Development Initiatives
DescriptionFounded in 2004, our mission is to create sustainable velocity in our community through forming relationships that matter. We provide strategic direction in communication and resource development for innovative non profit and private-sector organizations. Resource Development Initiatives is dedicated to creating solutions that are just as unique for each of our clients.
ResponsibilitiesManage content distribution and placement on various social media outlets.
• Prepare and /or edit content for placement on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media outlets
• Manage content development with RDI staff. Secure video, written and audio content to be used on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
• Confer with staff to produce or coordinate production of videos, written and audio content..
• Write and edit posts about resources and services provided by RDI. Blog post frequency would average 1-2 posts per week. Postings would include stories and news of the success and progress of RDI clients, and news posts related to local or national news in relation to issues that impact non profit organizations.
• Monitor all comments posted to the RDI Facebook page, Twitter account, and blog and ensure that comments are not spam or otherwise inappropriate.
• Facilitate/edit guest writers throughout the blog.
Email resume and writing sample to Jim Rainbolt, Owner and Principal Consultant @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone inquiries are welcome! 214-770-3940
This position requires a person with the ability to: work productively with a team and independently; relate to others in a positive manner; deal with others tactfully while exhibiting strong interpersonal skills; identify problems and plan corrective actions; exercise initiative and assertiveness appropriately; understand and follow verbal and written instructions; demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills; work under pressure; handle multiple tasks which should be completed with accuracy in a timely manner; make timely and consistent decisions; set time lines and prioritize; organize information; and exhibit proficiency in personal computer and Microsoft Office Applications.