SOCIAL MEDIA / COPY WRITING INTERN POSITIONBookmark This
Cal State University, Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionWebsiteWarrior Workshop ['WWW'] is a unique, 'first of its kind' venture that will afford the right Intern candidate the opportunity for many unique and valuable learning and skill building opportunities.
'WWW,' affords the opportunity for Entrepreneurs and Small Business owners to build an esthetically and functionally competitive website, on a budget, in a 3-day workshop under the direct tutelage of several Wordpress Website Developers, Designers, and Coders. 'WWW' also makes scholarships available to non-profits and other 'socially conscious' ventures that need help with success on the web. The Inaugural event is October 25th - 27th, 2013 at CalState University, Los Angeles.
We are seeking a Social Media Intern to amplify our message, anchor our online presence, and build our community of support. Intern will work directly under Founder/CEO of 'WWW' and alongside a number of other Teammates, affording valuable learning as well as networking opportunities.
Ideally this internship position will be based in Los Angeles, CA. However, there is the possibility of telecommuting for the right candidate. The position is for approximately 10-15 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a passion for engaging an audience.
- Have a knack for storytelling through micro-channels
- See the "big picture" and be adept at the art of "framing"
- Be self-motivated and comfortable working remotely
- Think creatively to create engaging relevant content
- Be committed to the use of impeccable grammar and punctuation and 'best practices'
Work with Development Manager to update and maintain all social media (Twitter/Facebook) and Website
Be responsible for day-to-day social media management
Advance BLOG – Responsible for generating regular relevant BLOG posts
Manage all Social Media Channels [*including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Quora, and others]
Work with Development Manger to design format/content of e-newsletter
Research opportunities to advance/streamline 'WebsiteWarrior Workshop' ['WWW'] social media
Monitor relevant news sources for current and timely dialogue
Respond to and create newsworthy content
Collaborate with the graphic designer to develop visuals
Stay up-to-date in social media messaging strategy and techniques
Other development tasks as required
Mail merge and print of Thank You letters, mailing pieces, etc.
Excel spreadsheet management for development activities
Internet-based research on grants, funders, community and corporate partners
Seek out and reach out to potential partners with aligned synergies
Explore creative ways to increase 'WWW's' online visibility
Other development tasks as required
• Basic knowledge of social media and willingness to learn more
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work in a team environment and independently [remote]
• Organizational skills, including demonstrated attention to detail
• Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
• Strong oral and written communication skills - STRONG Copywriter skills are a MUST for this position
• Commitment to 'WWW' values and mission of empowering Entrepreneurs from a strength-based team approach
• Graphic design and layout skills a strong plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office [ie: Word, PPT, Excel]
• Be highly accountable
• Knowledge of and passion for WordPress, STRONG PLUS
• Have some understanding of the WordPress 'Open Source Community' and an interest to learn more
•Pursuing or completed a collegiate degree program, ideally with a focus in media, communications, journalism, or business.
• Exceptional writing ability, including a strong command of tone and mechanics and the ability to write creatively, stimulating interest and support across many different demographics.
• Comprehensive understanding of and skill in navigating social media outlets, including RSS Feeds, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube etc.
• Ability to collect, analyze, and synthesize information from diverse sources.
• Non-Profit experience and/or interest is a plus.
• Creative/graphic design software skills a plus (not mandatory).
• Interested applicants can be students or professionals, must be able to commit for a minimum of 10 hours per week.