Social Media & Marketing InternBookmark This
Ampersand H. Book Design & Marketing Agency
DescriptionAmpersand H. Book Design & Marketing Agency is looking for a bright and enthusiastic book lover with social media savvy and a keen interest in marketing and promotions. This position entails marketing research and analysis, social media strategy and implementation, and lending your creative mind to our bibliophile brain trust as we design specialized online marketing campaigns and branding strategies for authors around the country.
The need to college credit is not required, but we will be more than happy to sign any papers and proof of participation necessary toward college credit for a hardworking candidate.
While this is not a paid position, there will be perks such as (but not limited to):
-The ability to work remotely
-The ability to set your own schedule based on your availability
-A chance to read advanced copies of upcoming books from various authors
-Yummy coffee and specialty drinks from Starbucks during any meetings :)
-Invaluable insight into the inner workings of a start-up marketing and design agency
-College credit signatures if needed
-Potential for promotion into a part-time to full-time paid position with the company based on performance and business growth
Please feel free to email Anne Marie Stoddard at email@example.com with any questions.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities Include but are not limited to:
1. Review and evaluate &H.'s Facebook posts, Tweets, bit.ly links to determine common factors for any activity that elicits high levels of interaction. Example factors: Time of day for post, Subject matter, Cross-promotion, etc.
2. Monitor our corporate Hootsuite account a minimum of once per week to determine that an adequate number of tweets/posts/etc are scheduled for the week and to "fill in the blanks" with additional related content as appropriate. We will review this weekly to make sure the content is appropriate and advise or make suggestions.
3. Identify highly influential social media accounts (for relevant content only) and prospective clients; interacting with them on social media (may use Hootsuite) for a minimum of one hour per day, targeting interaction with those users (must keep our "voice" and brand consistent).
4) Assist in the strategic planning and creative brainstorming for specialized campaigns for current clients.
5) Other tasks as assigned.
1) Must be comfortable researching, compiling data and making general suggestions/providing some input based on their your own opinion and experience.
2) Must be personable and capable of reviewing &H.s’ past tweets/Facebook & blog posts to learn to speak with "our voice".
3) Must be able to commit a minimum of 10 (ten) hours per week for social media work, research, and other assigned projects. Must give a week’s notice of weekly schedule so that we know when we can get in touch with you for work-related issues.
4) Must possess a sharp learning curve and be capable of quickly picking up any software/services that may be unfamiliar to you.
5) Must be an avid reader or have a profound interest in reading and/or writing.
6) Must be capable of working independently without being micro-managed.
7)Must be detail-oriented.
8)Must be punctual and keep all specified deadlines.
9)Must possess adequate copy-editing and proofreading skills.
Preferences (These items are not required but are desired.):
1)A candidate living in Atlanta, GA or the surrounding area is preferred.
2)While the position is a remote one, a candidate who can meet in person once bi-weekly or as needed in the evenings is preferred.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Anne Marie Stoddard at firstname.lastname@example.org & Tiffani Hollis at email@example.com.