Social Media Marketing InternBookmark This
The Intercultural Alliance of Artists & Scholars, Inc.
DescriptionThe Intercultural Alliance of Artists & Scholars, Inc. (IAAS) is a NY-based nonprofit organization that promotes multicultural literature and literacy. With its innovative programming, the IAAS promotes its mandate through phati’tude Literary Magazine, 2Leaf Press, Litwiki and the Annual African American Literary Festival. We are looking for a Social Media Marketing Interns to help us promote our magazines, books and authors, as well as our fundraising campaigns for phati’tude Literary Magazine and 2Leaf Press.
This is a tremendous opportunity for an energetic, organized, self-motivated individual who wants real-world experience and can generate results in the form of measurable traffic and sales. You work well in an unsupervised, virtual environment, have strong copy editing skills and are a natural content strategist. You are a social media powerhouse who knows how to create and build a community online. You're passionate about keeping up-to-date on trends and developments, and you're a creative and strategic thinker able to take on many campaigns at once and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities- Plan and executes marketing campaigns and social media promotions.
- Directly interact with fans and followers, manage promotions and fundraisers; monitor and report on fan behavior
- Monitor and report on new trends in social media, including new platforms, sites and case studies.
- Content Marketing (blog posts, guides, tweets)
- Grow Twitter, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Tumblr, following
- Get people to buy our magazines and our books available online.
- Get people to donate to our cause.
Requirements- A love of the arts, specifically, poetry and the written word,
- Have a strong understanding of social media platforms and some social media, content marketing, and campaign experience.
- Ability to write punch line-driven headlines on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, and on our WordPress websites
- Attract and retain a specific demographic - people who love literature and love to read.
- Develop, maintain and analyze social media initiatives
- Demonstrate strong editorial judgment and craft compelling copy in an authentic voice that resonates with each of our target audience.
- A passion for driving community engagement.
- Must be detail-oriented and great at research.
- Good general business intelligence.
- Familiarity with WordPress.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
Our interns are not invisible nor do they remain in the background, rather, we give you real world experience. In the past, editorial interns are listed in the magazine’s masthead as editors, and book editors and translators are given bona fide credits to our projects. At the end of the internship, the Executive Director provides letters of recommendation for interns’ potential employment opportunities. Most of our interns continue to work with us, donating additional time on other projects. Work as a Social Media Marketing Intern and get the street creds you need to get that high-paying job you are looking for. Check out our websites and join the fun. www.theiaas.,org, www.2leafpress.org, www.phatitude.org.