Social Media / Marketing InternBookmark This
The Professional Wingman®
Posted: 178 days ago
DescriptionThe Professional Wingman is a dating strategy consultancy helping singles improve their social skills to improve their quality of life through dating. As a growing startup, we’ve worked with nearly 500 clients from all over the world and have received significant acclaim from the likes of the Wall Street Journal, Maxim, Reuters, Cosmo, Fox Business, Associated Press, CNN, and countless other media outlets. We are changing the dating world and inspiring people while we do it.
Each day here is never the same and you’ll have one of the rare opportunities to get a real-life experience that you will have a hard time getting elsewhere. We’ve been quoted as having the best job in the world. If you get the opportunity to join the team, you’ll see what people have been talking about.
The Social Media / Marketing Intern is responsible for curating unique, shareable content across the company’s various media platforms. They will be our own “Wingman,” being a part of our day-to-day activities, interactions, and using various moments as social media content to create the ultimate interactive experience of what’s it’s like doing what we do.
ResponsibilitiesThe position is PERFECT for you if:
• You’re OK interacting with clients, customers, and readers of The Professional Wingman -- and the occasional random person you'll meet at events.
• You’re good with using Squarespace, WordPress, social media, and the like. If you’re also familiar with MailChimp, that’s a big plus.
• You’re comfortable walking around being a part of and capturing spontaneous moments (which will happen).
• You can handle managing multiple social media accounts -- and can adjust content to the demographic of each one’s followers.
• You’re a fantastic writer and editor. You know how to write exactly what you (or we) mean, proof-read material throughly, and turn ideas into words. Experience with video (editing and publishing) is a HUGE plus.
• You’re open to learning new tools and technologies (ideally, if you have a Mac, it’s just easier but if you have a PC, that’s OK -- however, we may convince you to come over to the dark side.
• You’re good doing miscellaneous things that may be needed such as calendar management, handling emails, and other typical administrative duties.
This position is NOT for you if:
• You're not 21 years old or older.
• Technology scares or confuses you.
• Social media "isn't your thing."
• You are not willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
• You don’t own a laptop -- a Mac is preferable.
Requirements• On top of having a passion for dating & social skills, candidates must be hard-working and very dependable as displayed through past work experience.
• They need to be detail-oriented with understanding of social media and marketing.
• A degree in marketing is preferred but not a requirement.
• Candidates must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently.
• Must own a laptop.