Social Media & Marketing InternshipBookmark This
Ironic Music Booking Agency LLC
DescriptionIronic Music Booking Agency is the most innovative booking agency on the New England music scene. We handle a wide array of artists and are confident that we can provide the perfect entertainment for any venue or situation. Whether you’re planning a small party or a major event, we can assure you the best possible talent. If cover or original bands, DJs, Karaoke MC’s, tribute bands, original singer-songwriters, or a comedian are what you’re looking for, we’ve got them. We pride ourselves in differentiating from the ‘average’ booking agent in that we focus a great deal of attention on the promotion and marketing of all the gigs we book…unlike any other booking agent around! Social media networking and marketing is where it’s at…
Ironic is currently seeking an unpaid part-time intern to work via telecommuting for approx. 15-20 hrs/wk for a minimum of 4 mths. Local residency is preferred (MA or NH). Having a vehicle is a plus; a flexible schedule is a MUST! Some evening work required. Most expenses will be reimbursed.
ResponsibilitiesThe Social Media & Marketing Intern will assist with outreach, research and project related tasks within specified deadlines and take full responsibility for his/her projects. His/her foremost priorities, with no order of importance/priority, are as follows:
- Take responsibility for creating events on Client’s Facebook (FB) page, in a timely manner respective of dates/times of gigs booked by Client, as well as tagging musicians and posting a comment on venue’s FB pages to promote gigs booked by Client.
- Create and post Ironic's Weekly Gig Calendar on Ironic's 3 Facebook pages, as well as on all additional FB pages, as indicated by Client;
- Facebook: take responsibility for creating events on Client’s Facebook (FB) pages, in a timely manner respective of dates/times of gigs booked by Client, as well as tagging musicians and posting a comment on venue’s FB pages as well as on the artist's FB page to promote gigs booked by Client;
- When requested, Intern will be responsible for tweeting about Ironic’s bands/musicians’ gigs on Ironic’s Twitter page.
- Keep an up-to-date gig calendar (online Google calendar), as indicated by Client. This calendar will also be accessible to all bands/musicians on Client’s roster, as well as to the general public, so a timely and precise update is fundamental.
-Looking for someone who's very motivated, organized, self driven and proactive
-Excellent work ethic
-Interest in marketing, promotions, social media, and developing technologies
-Great familiarity with social networking sites
-Advanced experience with all Office programs
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to increase subscribers to the website/email list.
- Heavy internet research and social networking and possible database management.
- Ability to increase fans on Facebook and followers on Twitter.
All selected candidates will be required to sign a contract prior to beginning a collaboration.