Social Media & Marketing InternshipBookmark This
3712 N. Broadway, Reception #471
DescriptionForward-thinking, fast paced company looking to hire an intern with strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media websites.
The company is celebrating our 10-year anniversary in the Chicago market, which includes launching a complete social media and marketing campaign. The intern hired for this position will need strong critical thinking skills in order to integrate into our vibrant and passionate team who are very excited to share this exciting campaign with an intern hoping to gain a ton of great online experience.
You will be working with ChicagoPride.com, one of the Midwest region's top online news, entertainment and daily lifestyle portals to Chicago's vibrant community.
In addition to the daily local and breaking news, dining and movie reviews, and a city-wide events calendar that appeal to all visitors and residents of Chicago, we provide fresh, focused articles, feature columns and travel content to our LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) readers.
For the 10 year anniversary, we are rolling out an innovative marketing campaign reaching all areas of the city. We're looking for energetic interns who are passionate about social media and looking to learn innovative ways of using social media to help shape the success of this campaign.
We are willing to work with any level college student. Majors which would best fit the internship include: Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, IT, Graphic Design and Social Work, but we like to "think outside of the box" and would consider other majors which capabilities who express interest. The internship is not paid, however there are many opportunities to receive excellent practical experience and you may receive educational credit for your experience based on your college's requirements.
ResponsibilitiesAssist Social Media Manager and Enterprise Brand Manager with creating and managing social networking, online marketing, event marketing and email marketing campaigns to support the ten year anniversary ChicagoPride.com.
- Manage the day-to-day and incremental growth (fans, likes, pins) of both internal-facing and external-facing social network sites
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks
- Learn about and help innovate advanced integrated mobile marketing, online marketing & advertising campaigns
- Keyword analysis
- Online ad campaign management (Google Analytics) with cost/benefit analysis
- Organize staff and assist in coordination of special events (which may include high profile and red carpet events)
- Assist or manage trade show and street festival booths and appearances
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing and Digital departments
RequirementsStudents applying for this internship should be enthusiastic learners who can work approximately 10-15 hours a week, who enjoy working with social media (or the publishing industry), and who are able to work an 8-12 week internship program.
Majors which would best fit the internship include: Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, IT, Graphic Design and Social Work, but we like to "think outside of the box" and would consider other majors which capabilities who express interest.
- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possess skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management