Social Media / PR Intern (for education nonprofit) - Remote/VirtualBookmark This
DescriptionDevelop your social media & PR skills while helping to launch an innovative nonprofit -- in the area of online education. We're about to launch a free online video hub in the Arts & Humanities, and need help with several tasks such as the following:
- Writing fun, creative social media updates (for Twitter & Facebook) related to our project and videos in our database -- e.g., lectures in literature, creative writing, art history, and philosophy
- Helping to build a media list of journalists who cover the education space
- Writing and pitching guest blogs
Please note: This is a virtual/remote opportunity, meaning you can work from anywhere. You will be recognized for your efforts on our website and be part of something truly special.
Commitment is 5-10 hours per week (minimum) for at least two months. Unpaid. (This is a 100% volunteer initiative; even the CEO is unpaid.)
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest!
About Our Organization:
A not-for-profit startup, our online education initiative (in development) is focused around educating people in the Arts & Humanities. The liberal arts are a vital part of life, and everyone in the world—regardless of economic background—should have access to a world-class education for free. Founded by a former Google employee, our group is compiling a library of academic digital lectures. We are currently in the process of organizing the library, with the goal of benefiting users worldwide.
Requirements• Sincere love of learning -- and passion for a particular subject/specialty
• Self-motivated, independent, and highly disciplined
• Responsible and deadline-driven