Internship for YOUTUBE Fashion Network- Spanish Speaking Intern OnlyStyleHaul
Social Media/Marketing InternCrosby Carter Management
Break into the World of Sports Writing and Media at Sidelines, a Hot Sports Start-up!Sidelines
Social Media, Marketing & DistributionLoveLight Pictures
Social Media AssistantJust Pearlz, Inc.
Social Media Research Analyst Internship (Spring Semester 2014)Bookmark This
New York, NY
DescriptionAbrams Media is a network of 8 consumer news websites spanning a variety of audiences and verticals, including Mediaite.com (news/politics), Geekosystem.com (tech/geek), TheMarySue.com (girl geek culture), GossipCop.com (celebrity news), The Braiser (celebrity chefs), SportsGrid (sports), and Styleite (fashion/beauty).
The Social Media Research Analyst will work alongside the Social Media Manager, and the editorial and ad sales teams as needed, to improve our network’s presence overall, as well as the socialization of advertizer campaigns. Some duties will include:
- conduct timely research in response to specific requests, including data collection, summarization, analysis, and synthesis
- prepare social media reports using analytics tools (Facebook Analytics, Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics, etc.)
- assist in managing social media accounts for Abrams Media
- learn and help to institute social media best practices
Qualifications (in order of importance):
- a self-starter with an analytical mind and strong reporting, writing, and editing skills.
- able to collect, organize, and disseminate large amounts of information in a highly effective manner
- proven research skills
- superb organizational skills
- proficient with Microsoft Excel and/or Google Spreadsheets
- familiarity with social media research tools (Topsy, Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, etc.)
- ability to demonstrate a social media understanding that goes beyond personal use, approaching it from a business perspective, particularly publishers and brands
- previous experience with social media for publishers, a major plus
1) Resume or CV
2) A writing sample (particularly one that highlights your research and data presentation skills)
3) In no more than 250 words, please explain what you see as the most important thing social media offer to publishing companies.