Social Media Retail Executive (Full / Part Time) - BostonBookmark This
Big J Mart Stores, Inc.
DescriptionFounded in 2008, Big J Mart Stores, Inc. is one of the Internets largest and upcoming big box retailers, offering over 4.3 million items to customers around the world. Founded on the core values that quality people are our strength, we believe that anyone has the potential to grow with Big J Mart Stores, Inc.
Big J Mart is currently seeking over 500 active internship positions for students of all ages, race, gender, sex, and abilities to aid with the BigJMart.com website. Working at Big J Mart not only offers the intern flexibility and a relaxed work schedule, but the opportunity to grow within his or her selected internship field.
Big J Mart Stores has planned on going incorporated, which means we are opening internship positions for our Home Office division, which consist of many virtual internship positions, such as this one. All of our internships are available remotely on the web and are available part-time as well as full-time, any season or semester. We are seeking skilled people who are looking to reach their fullest potential through our vigorous internship program. With this internship, we allow our interns to use creativity and point of view to express feelings in the work they produce. Here at Big J Mart, no idea, thought, or comment will go unconsidered and in fact, we strive to hear your comments on several occasions.
Big J Mart Stores is always committed in helping their interns through the complete process, overcoming problems, and helping them to grow to become the person they want to become. Once completed, you will be provided with an official letter and statement from Big J Mart declaring successful completion of the internship. Big J Mart will cooperate with all college requirements for passing the student on their internship requirement.
For this internship, we are looking for someone who is fluent with social media. Big J Mart is looking to get into social media, which will be this internships main and only focus. Please see the requirements and responsibilities for more information on the job description and duties required for this internship.
ResponsibilitiesDuring this internship, you will work on setting up Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and other popular social media platforms for the business. After the accounts are setup, we would recommend you link them together with a social burner. After all accounts are setup you will send over all passwords and login in details for storing at our home office.
Once the accounts are created, you will brand them with our logo, color scheme, slogans, etc. This is where you can become creative, and we step back and watch you create the pages. Once the pages are designed and approved, you can start to market the business.
For the remainder of the internship, Big J Mart will transmit over information to you about sales, promotions, etc. It will be your job to "blast" this information across the social media feeds to all of our customers. While "blasting" our news out to our customers, you may be asked to write a press release about special sales, etc.
While you are not "blasting" news you can work on getting the new accounts followers, likes, etc. Marketing the new social media pages are very important. You should be ready and prepared to consult us on social media, what makes it popular and successful, etc.
If you have any questions about this internship, please contact us immediately. Please note: This is a non-paid internship which is virtual (done from home).
* This internship is available part time or full time, depending on your needs.
RequirementsRequirements for this internship are as follows:
- Must be able to be creative and be able to think "outside the box" in various situations
- Must be fluent in English (Spanish a plus, but is not required)
- Must have good grammar and spelling and know when and how to abbreviate
- Must be able to create special catchy slogans that are fun, catchy, and non-offensive to the public
- Must know basic business and social media etiquette
- Must know when to use these saying "I like to go to the store" and "I like 2 go 2 the store"
- Must have your own social media accounts and must be families with all platforms
- Must be located in the United States (Hawaii and Alaska is acceptable as well)
- Must be able to work from home and have a computer and internet connection
- Smart phone recommended (but is not required)
There is no age need for this internship and the applicant does not have to be now enrolled in school.
* This is a virtual internship where you can work from the comfort of your own home.
* This internship is currently unpaid and is available for full or part-time work.
* Big J Mart Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (see BigJMart.com for more information)