Social Media & SEO InternBookmark This
8291 Patuxent Range Road
DescriptionAmbient Floors is a small business of dedicated people that sell high quality flooring products specializing in bamboo and click lock floors. Our floors have been used by such esteemed institutions as UnderArmour, The Discovery Channel, The University of Maryland, Lululemon, Elevation Burger, and many more. We ship our products nationwide on a daily basis and also internationally, having shipped as far away as Bahrain, Qatar, Bahamas, Mexico, Guam, Hawaii, France, Alaska, Kenya and others. Our products have been profiled on television shows such as Renovation Nation and Don't Sweat It (HGTV).
We’re seeking a Social Media/Marketing/Website/SEO Intern to join our team of talented flooring professionals. This person will be responsible for managing our brand image on all popular social media outlets. Responsibilities will also include small marketing tasks such as management of advertisement directives, search engine optimization activities (a/b testing, keyword research) and minor changes to our websites.
If you want experience in managing the many moving parts required in running a successful business, this is your chance. Being a small company you will have a lot of room to acquire hands-on knowledge in many important areas of the business. If you are a quick learner with a can-do attitude that excels in a fun team environment, check us out! This is an unpaid internship with a strong potential for a paid position depending on performance.
The ideal candidate is:
• Active, involved and highly organized
• Strong in their writing skills
• Customer service oriented
• Detail oriented
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic work environment
• A critical thinker
• A multi-tasker
• A team player
• Creative and has the ability to think outside of the box
Responsibilities• Assist in promoting the Ambient brand
• Managing all social media outlets
• Assist in integrating social media into marketing initiatives
• Research & write content for websites
• Assist in executing new marketing and advertising campaigns
• Manage SEO directives and action items with our partner SEO company
• Make small coding and content changes to Ambient websites
• Initiate new marketing and advertising initiatives and manage existing projects
Requirements• Available 15-20 hours per week
• Working knowledge of MS Word
• Some HTML experience
• Knowledgeable about many forms of social media (not just Facebook and Twitter)
• Knowledge of SEO/PPC, web copywriting best practices is a big plus
• Technology literate. Tech geeks welcome!