Social Media InternOrganic Gender
Facebook Digital Curators & Writers | Curate 10 Posts Per Day on African Fashion Finds & newsAdiree
Adiree PR Bloggers & Writers | Topics on Africa, Public Relations, Branding, Non ProfitsAdiree
Digital Curators & Writers | Cultural, Public Relations, Tips on TravelAdiree
Social Media & Digital PR (Blogging /Social Activities, Digital Curators, & Writing Press Releases)Adiree
Social Media InternBookmark This
Heartland Mobile Council
DescriptionThe Heartland Mobile Council (HMC) is looking for a social media specialist interested in learning, executing, and driving our strategy for Facebook, Linkedin and/or Twitter. Join an interactive community filled with mobile enthusiasts and get real-world experience developing and managing different social media channels, while collaborating with seasoned marketing/branding/agency professionals.
Although the internship is unpaid, we may be able to work with you and UCS to get credit for an internship with HMC. More importantly you will learn more about this exploding mobile marketing space and make important connections to influential people in the industry. Join the HMC and join our movement to make a difference in this still young, fast-paced industry that will touch every defaced of our lives.
ABOUT THE HEARTLAND MOBILE COUNCIL
The Heartland Mobile Council™ is a Chicago-based non-profit organization whose mission is to educate brands on how to use mobile effectively. Through our content and events, we create a safe learning environment – free of pitching – for Fortune 1000 companies, and their agencies to learn how to use mobile marketing. We achieve this by focusing intensely on what you, the business leader, needs. Not what our sponsors need. As a non-profit with 100% volunteers we can provide education without the messy sales pitching that exists in most conferences. For volunteer opportunities and more information, visit us at: http://heartlandmobilecouncil.org
Responsibilities- Create content for Heartland Mobile Council’s Facebook, Twitter, and/or Linkedin initiatives that is timely, accurate and positively promotes and reinforces the HMC brand
- Implement programs that will directly impact sales to our events
- Increase HMC’s visibility and deepen relationships with key audiences
- Recommend social marketing strategies and initiatives to improve online engagement, increase the performance of marketing communications and public relations efforts and support the HMC
Requirements- Must be able to commit at least 10 hours per week
- Experience using social media channels for business, particularly Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn more about social media strategies
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and abilities
- Ability to think, plan and execute across multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Familiarity and understanding of the importance of tracking/measurement of social media
- Passion for mobile and the myriad ways that it impacts our lives!
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your resume along with brief cover letter, and writing sample of no more than 100-250 words (or you may provide up to three (3) publicly available samples of social media projects that you worked on).