Blog Content and Social Media Manager for Independent Music Industry Blog and Co-op SpaceNationWide Disc
Hone Blogging Skills as a Pacific Science Center Blogger InternPacific Science Center
Social Media InternFocus Training
Good Anchorage Social Media InternGood Anchorage
Director of Social MediaPierre Films LLC
Social Media & Website InternshipBookmark This
Episcopal Relief & Development
815 2nd Avenue
New York, NY
DescriptionEPISCOPAL RELIEF & DEVELOPMENT
Episcopal Relief & Development is the international relief and development agency of the Episcopal Church and an independent nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. Episcopal Relief & Development works with Anglican and ecumenical partners to help rebuild after disasters and to empower local communities to find lasting solutions to poverty, hunger and disease, including malaria and HIV/ AIDS. Collaborating with local organizations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America & the Caribbean, Episcopal Relief & Development supports programs in four focus areas: Food Security, Economic Opportunities, Health, and Disaster Response.
TITLE: Social Media + Website Intern
REPORTS TO: Social Media & Web Officer
DIVISION: Marketing & Communications
LOCATION: New York
PURPOSE OF INTERNSHIP
The candidate will gain working knowledge of the activities of the marketing and communications department of an international NGO, and of strategic efforts to increase visibility and awareness of the organization among target audiences and within the larger development community. Using content driven marketing the focus will be with online platforms and social media.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, creative and friendly. The intern should be excited and energized by social and digital communication and is thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships. We value our interns and will work closely with the individual to make sure the internship supports career goals.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OR PROJECTS
Episcopal Relief & Development’s Marketing & Communications team works collaboratively with multiple departments to raise the organization’s profile and engage key audiences through content driven marketing. Activities will support strategic objectives and may include:
• Assisting with strategy for social media platforms including responding to tweets and posts, monitoring listening dashboard and supporting listening and exchange strategy for online influencers and news producers (especially on Twitter), compiling data for metrics, researching blogs & news sources for pitching and posting on various platforms
• Create feedback and viral loops between our website, blog, Facebook Page and Twitter accounts.
• Updating the website regularly (rotating images, content, etc.) based on communications priorities
• Helping with ongoing video inventory and photo tagging (Flickr/Box)
• Exploring video production platforms (i.e.: iMovie, Animoto, etc.,) and gathering visual content (photo/video) for narratives/stories related to key program areas
• Developing video and photo slideshows about programs that creates compelling content that tells our story.
• Supporting marketing and communications team with general projects
• Participating in key staff meetings and discussions as necessary
RequirementsEDUCATION: At least two years of college completed; background/majoring in communications, digital media, journalism, English, design, non-profit management with strong interest in digital communications or other related discipline.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS: Excellent writing and communications skills. Proficiency with computers, including Internet, social media, MS Office and basic photo editing software. Successful candidate will be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Photo and video editing experience preferred.
Preferably both Spring and Fall Semester, 15 hours a week. A transportation stipend will be provided and college credit. Must be currently enrolled in School to apply.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. For more information, please visit our website at episcopalrelief.org