Social Media and Audience Engagement Internship FallBookmark This
101 Regent Ave
DescriptionThe Intern selected for this internship with the WaterFire Media Department in developing and executing WaterFire’s digital media engagement strategy at events and through social media. This intern will work to maximize WaterFire’s communication with its stakeholders and also look for new ways to utilize social media to promote and engage audience. Along the way you will also gain critical insight into the nonprofit sector, cause marketing, creative process, and ever evolving interaction between WaterFire and the community.
Interns are expected to participate in all WaterFire lightings. Responsibilities at WaterFire may include: managing volunteers, communicating with and hosting VIP’s, reception set-up and breakdown, errand running, managing boat rides, and clean-up.
ResponsibilitiesIntern will work closely with the WaterFire Media Department in the WaterFire Office and assist at events as well.
• Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks
• Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more
• Develop Google AdWords strategies
• Contribute to digital content generation, management and engagement projects in various ways
• Develop and publish content to our Digital Media screens at WaterFire Events.
• Work with Volunteer Photographers at events to publish their work to social media sites in real-time.
• Work with the Media Producer to deliver WF audio programming via social media in real-time.
Requirements• Must have a working knowledge of using social media as an organizational communication tool.
• Ability to be a creative thinker, self-starter and independent worker
• Eagerness to learn and work with new social media strategies and tools
• Ability to be a team player willing to work WaterFire event days and nights
• Enthusiasm for and ability to communication WaterFire’s mission and creative process
• Excellent written communications skills and strong proofreading skills
• Availability to attend all WaterFire events over the course of the length of the internship