Social Media Guru & Website Wizard Needed for Food Critic Gael GreeneBookmark This
Upper West Side
New York, NY
DescriptionGael Greene -- internationally known restaurant critic, best-selling novelist and well-known journalist with an office in the West 70’s -- needs a college intern to increase social media presence on Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and Facebook. The intern will also assist with editing restaurant reviews by Greene.
If you have a brain, imagination and appetite, we will use it...
Please submit resumes ASAP -- we will begin interviewing for this position NOW.
Intern will receive $40/day stipend for travel and lunch.
ResponsibilitiesApplicants must have:
• Command of various social media sites (Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter)
• Extreme attention to detail
• Basic photo editing skills (iPhoto, Photoshop)
• Ability to multitask and take initiative
• Familiarity with blogging platforms (basic HTML is strongly preferred)
• Food and Restaurant reporting/writing opportunities possible
RequirementsKnowledge of New York and an interest in food and restaurants is a definite plus. Casual work atmosphere. 2 day work schedule ideal (10-12 hours a week, hours flexible, but must be weekdays). Attention to details and computer skills (Mac/Word) are essential.
This is the perfect school-year internship for someone with two or more years to fulfill an undergraduate degree program. It’s also a great opportunity for anyone wanting exposure to the food world, online media and the realities of a literary career. Ideally, intern will receive college credit.