Social Media and e-Marketing Internship - Spring 2014Bookmark This
Pulmonary Hypertension Association
801 Roeder Road Suite 1000
Silver Spring, MD
DescriptionIf you are looking to learn how you can use social media and other e-communications tools, such as blogging and email, in your future career while developing a sizable portfolio of writing samples, this is the internship for you.
PHA is seeking a Social Media & e-Marketing Intern with an enthusiastic personality, articulate verbal and written communication skills, and who uses at least one social media site. This internship requires a team player, as you will coordinate PHA’s e-marketing editorial calendar and work with staff members across the organization to help them communicate through our various e-channels.
If you are interested, please visit our website and apply directly.
• Create and execute plans that communicate key initiatives and messages across multiple platforms
• Write and post to various communications channels, including: Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Blogger, Pinterest, email groups, email alerts, website, et al.
• Use images to enhance PHA’s messages online
• Find relevant articles and other links to share, inform and spark conversation
• Identify and reach out to relevant online communities and thought leaders, including associated disease organizations and health reporters
• Track the latest trends in social media, technology and communications
• Research and implement new ways to leverage social media to advance PHA's goals
• Track the effectiveness of our e-communications with analytics and help use this information to test new strategies and develop best practices
• Help increase the number of subscriptions to our various e-communications
• Help manage the organization's e-channels editorial calendar
• Receive a transportation subsidy
• Express a strong interest in online engagement and a passion for new media
• Possess strong oral and written communication skills
• Be familiar with social media tools
• Be able to demonstrate experience conducting online research
• Be motivated, highly organized and personable
• Be able to work well with teams
• Be prepared to work in a fast-paced, professional office setting