Social Media/Email Marketing/WebBookmark This
Harmony on the Hill
DescriptionHarmony on the Hill is the community outreach and entertainment committee of Wilmington Friends Meeting in Wilmington, Delaware. The Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) have had a presence in Wilmington since 1738, and we wish to continue being a vibrant and active neighbor at our 4th & West Street location in historic Quaker Hill. That's why we have hosted an eclectic range of music concerts over the last eight years, every kind of music from folk, classical, blues, jazz, baroque and rock to Irish Dancing, African rhythm sections, Japanese and Caribbean drummers and more!
The culminating event every season falls on the first Sunday in June: The annual family-friendly free outdoor gathering and concert called the Berry Festival. Now in it's eighth year, the Berry Festival has built up a small following, attended by 250-400 neighbors and their families.
Harmony on the Hill is in need of an intern to take over duties related to PR and social media used to promote these occasional concerts and the annual Berry Festival. We use email marketing and Facebook to direct people back to our web site. The online component is a necessary supplement to the regular word-of-mouth and newsletter method we have used. The social media and online aspect needs to be increased, possibly redesigned (subject to our approval), then executed and maintained consistently over the course of your internship. Marketing and web must supplement and harmonize with the organic, laid-back, simple nature of our small salon-style shows and festivals.
Responsibilities- Maintaining and growing Constant Contact email list by an agreed-to amount every month
- Designing, drafting and (with approval) sending 2-5 emails to distlist every month
- Maintenance/updating of web pages as needed, but at minimum once per month
- Daily updating of all social media
- Exploration for and utilization of untapped target-rich media (new or traditional) through which we can reach quality "seekers"
- Attendance and recording of minutes at Harmony on the Hill committee meetings (usually 2-4 Sundays annually)
- Coordinate with co-clerks of Harmony on the Hill committee via text and once weekly reports
- Assist in set-up, execution and break down of Berry Festival first Sunday in June in Wilmington, Delaware