Social Media InternChelsea Grays
Social Media InternshipCommunity Impact Technologies, Inc. d/b/a Semble
Social Media SupportDMJStudio
Social Media & Marketing RepresentativeSmashing Graphics Game Studios
Social Media InternAn Aesthetic Pursuit
Social Media & Community Management InternKenya Rae Media
Social Media Coordinating InternBrambles Group Limited
Social Media & Community Management Internurban legend presents
Social Media/PR (Intern)Bookmark This
Black Men's Dossier
Posted: January 28 2016
Company Location: Atlanta, GA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBlack Men’s Dossier
So, you absolutely love to write and publish. Perhaps you’re interested in men issues. Here’s an opportunity to be a part of a team, have a voice, and contribute to an emerging new digital publication, Black Men’s Dossier.
Black Men’s Dossier is a digital site that focuses on all aspects of black professional men. Hence the name dossier, we create a complete profile of the black male experience with reporting, opinions, editorials, and videos. The mission is to document the lives of black men everywhere, and be the curator to the black men’s lifestyle.
The Social Media/PR Intern reports to Black Men’s Dossier operations manager. The interns’ primary responsibilities include managing existing social media presence on Twitter, Facebook Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube. The intern will research various sources to produce 100 to 300 word blog articles that delve into current men issues related to business, entertainment, fashion, technology, religion, politics, and/or sports.
• Post to the existing social media profiles on a regular cadence with engaging, informative, inspirational and witty content.
• Create Bios for featured men and update wikipedia
• Write and self-proof editorial content for web publication
• Research press releases, new sites, and other media sources to generate blog articles
• Develop social media campaigns to promote upcoming events
• Create campaigns to drive audiences to the main website
• Consult on ways to maximize social media presence with the goal to increase followers and company visibility
• Major in English, marketing, journalism, or related field.
• Strong grammar, writing and communication skills are essential
• Good organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Interest in pursuing a job in journalism, public relations or copywriting
• Interest in men’s issues such as sports, entertainment and fashion is a plus
• Smart phone and electronic device with internet access
• Adequate transportation to get to meetings or events if needed
• Must be able to work on a team and individually